Author Topic: Ivy League Lawyer Who Firebombed Cop Car Will Spend a Year and a Day in Prison  (Read 227 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ivy League Lawyer Who Firebombed Cop Car Will Spend a Year and a Day in Prison
Colinford Mattis's accomplice, Urooj Rahman, was sentenced to 15 months in November

Josh Christenson
January 26, 2023
An Ivy League-educated lawyer who firebombed a cop car during the 2020 George Floyd riots was sentenced on Thursday to just a year and a day in prison, concluding a pair of cases marked by surprising leniency from the Biden Justice Department.

Colinford Mattis's sentence was the second of its kind delivered by U.S. District Judge Brian Cogan of the Eastern District of New York after Urooj Rahman, a public interest lawyer who joined Mattis in the firebombing, was sentenced in November to 15 months. In a pre-sentencing memo, prosecutors said they viewed "Mattis's conduct here as equally culpable to Rahman's conduct" and recommended a sentence of 18 to 24 months—well beneath the initial guideline of 10 years.

Mattis and Rahman leveraged their prestigious degrees, left-wing legal advocacy, and personal connections—including with one former Obama administration official who posted Rahman's $250,000 bail—to curry favor with the Justice Department. Liberal media outlets like NPR and New York magazine produced fawning coverage of the two after their arrest.

https://freebeacon.com/courts/ivy-league-lawyer-who-firebombed-cop-car-will-spend-a-year-and-a-day-in-prison/
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:07:31 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It should have been 10 times that!! :amen:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

You just know that all the "woke" law firms will be lining up to offer him a prestigious position once he's out.  Gotta virtue signal, after all.

Offline mountaineer

one former Obama administration official who posted Rahman's $250,000 bail
How heartwarming.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline andy58-in-nh

Further reason why looters and rioters should be shot on sight: one of them might just be an Ivy League lawyer.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Kamaji

Further reason why looters and rioters should be shot on sight: one of them might just be an Ivy League lawyer.

:thumbsup:

Offline mountaineer

Amen.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org