Author Topic: California shootings: 66-year-old immigrant farm worker charged with murders of 7 colleagues  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California shootings: 66-year-old immigrant farm worker charged with murders of 7 colleagues
A 66-year-old immigrant farm worker has been charged with the seven murders in a northern California shooting on Wednesday.

Redwood City,UPDATED: Jan 26, 2023 07:05 IST

By Reuters: An immigrant farm worker was formally charged with premeditated murder on Wednesday in the fatal shooting of seven co-workers near San Francisco, the state's second deadly gun rampage just two days apart that claimed a total of 18 lives.

Chunli Zhao, 66, a Chinese citizen and the lone suspect in Monday's massacre at two mushroom farms in the seaside town of Half Moon Bay, was formally presented with seven counts of murder and a single count of attempted murder during his first court appearance in nearby Redwood City.

Zhao, wearing red-colored jail garb and enclosed behind a glass panel, was ordered held without bond during a brief hearing before a San Mateo County Superior Court judge. The pudgy defendant, with close-cropped gray hair, was expressionless through the hearing. He was assigned two private defense lawyers; no plea was entered.

https://www.indiatoday.in/world/story/california-shootings-immigrant-farm-worker-charged-with-murders-of-colleagues-2326503-2023-01-26
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He needs to file a lawsuit against Mejifornia for wrongful arrest.  It is a sanctuary state which means they have no right to arrest him, no matter how many people he killed! :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson