Author Topic: Bill Gates wants to stop cows from burping in latest investment  (Read 242 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Bill Gates wants to stop cows from burping in latest investment
« on: January 26, 2023, 11:48:56 am »
FINANCIALS Published January 23, 2023 1:20pm EST
Bill Gates wants to stop cows from burping in latest investment
Bill Gates invests in Australian-based Rumin8 to reduce livestock emissions

By Kristen Altus FOXBusiness

Bill Gates backing startup trying to stop cows from burping

FOX Business' Ashley Webster reports that billionaire Bill Gates is backing an Australian startup that's trying to stop cows from burping methane emissions.

If you didn’t think that solving how to stop cows from burping is a million-dollar idea, well, Bill Gates apparently does.

The Microsoft co-founder and billionaire has reportedly backed an Australian-based startup looking to stop cows from burping methane emissions, pouring funds into research around livestock food supplements.

According to a press release, Gates’ firm Breakthrough Energy Ventures (BEV), with participation from Harvest Road Group, raised $12 million for Rumin8, a climate technology company.

Rumin8 studies solutions to reducing livestock emissions, and their latest initiative identifies "anti-methanogenic properties" that can be produced efficiently and for a low cost to eventually feed to livestock.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/business-leaders/bill-gates-stop-cows-burping-latest-investment
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Bill Gates wants to stop cows from burping in latest investment
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:50:47 am »
He just happens to have several thousand acres of farmland available for growing alternatives to meat. :da man:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online roamer_1

Re: Bill Gates wants to stop cows from burping in latest investment
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2023, 01:31:05 pm »
A******s.  *****rollingeyes***** **nononono*

START from the bare fact that before the industrial age, the earth supported something close to exponential amounts of ruminates, largely bison, but also many, many more deer and red deer, elk, and caribou... Buffalo herds on the Great Plains that took DAYS to pass by...

The only methane that matters here is the flatulence in their (Gates and friends) heads.

9999hair out0000