Author Topic: Media Use Dodgy Research To Blame Climate Change For Fire-Induced PTSD  (Read 166 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY LINNEA LUEKEN ON JAN 25, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

Media Use Dodgy Research To Blame Climate Change For Fire-Induced PTSD

caldor fireA Google search for ‘climate change’ brought up a variety of articles from mainstream news sources, including The Hill and The Conversation, reporting on research that claims climate change has caused an increase in severe wildfires which are causing severe psychological trauma.

This is not only false, but it is also a cynical attempt to politicize real psychological trauma by linking it to climate change. [emphasis, links added]

It undercuts efforts to alleviate the psychological suffering some people have experienced as an effect of wildfires, by misidentifying the root causes of the wildfires themselves.

There has been no substantial increase in forest fires due to climate change, nor have natural disasters at large become more common or damaging.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/media-use-dodgy-research-to-blame-climate-change-for-fire-induced-ptsd/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Media Use Dodgy Research To Blame Climate Change For Fire-Induced PTSD
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2023, 11:41:09 am »
There may not be an increase in natural disasters, but there has been a massive increase in snowflakes. :thud:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson