Author Topic: Former spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion turns on group, now rejects climate doomsday:  (Read 215 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Former spokesperson for Extinction Rebellion turns on group, now rejects climate doomsday: ‘Climate activism has a cult problem…I used to be one of them’ – ‘I watched people brainwashed’
Former Extinction Rebellion spokeswoman Zion Lights

:

Zion Lights: "In 2018, I joined Extinction Rebellion UK, the precursor to Just Stop Oil, the group behind this recent spate of destructive direct actions. ... One of the founders of XR had watched a few of my media appearances where I spoke about climate change and stargazing. She liked that I relied on data in my talks, and asked me to join the XR Media and Messaging Team. I was catapulted from being a local participant to spokesperson for the whole organization." ...

"In a TedTalk, sociologist Janja Lalich identifies the key elements of a cult: “A cult is a group or movement with a shared commitment to a usually extreme ideology that is usually embodied in a charismatic leader.” Roger preached martyrdom—he pushed everyone to sacrifice more in order to “fill the jails”—and used fear and control as tools for wielding power. I’d often be asked by reporters if XR was a cult, and I’d say no. But it was. It’s not just Roger Hallam who inspires terror and devotion among his climate-change flock. Those qualities typify the climate change movement. ... In June 2020, I finally left XR. Soon after, XR put out a statement saying that I was a climate denier and that the media should not speak to me. ... Here’s the truth: if we stopped using oil today, thousands of people would be thrust into an even worse energy crisis, and the wheels of society would stop turning. We do need to replace fossil fuels—but with real alternatives, not the radical erasure Roger wants."

By: Admin - Climate DepotJanuary 25, 2023 9:31 AM

By Zion Lights

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/25/former-spokesperson-for-extinction-rebellion-turns-on-group-now-rejects-climate-doomsday-climate-activism-has-a-cult-problemi-used-to-be-one-of-them-i-w/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"We do need to replace fossil fuels—but with real alternatives, not the radical erasure Roger wants."

In other words, this guy realizes he was hoodwinked by the greenunists, but still hasn't got a clue about how the real world works...

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
People are starting to pick up on the 'we must destroy that village to save it' theme, and that we will be far worse if we collapse the world economy back 10K years to a primitive, sparsely populated nomadic hunter-gatherer society where most of the world's current population is dead.

When you take it so far that you become a death cult jihadist zealot, people aren't going to continue to be friendly to your cause. Groups like XR just look like tools of the elitist death angels of the WEF right now.
The Republic is lost.