Author Topic: With issues resolved, Bradley to get Iron Fist protection system  (Read 102 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
With issues resolved, Bradley to get Iron Fist protection system
By Jen Judson
 Jan 24, 01:10 PM

WASHINGTON — Following a redesign of how Elbit Systems’ Iron Fist active protection system is incorporated onto a Bradley infantry fighting vehicle, the U.S. Army is now preparing to field the capability to a full brigade.

The Army has worked toward providing the Bradley fleet with APS technology since receiving a directed requirement to do so in 2016, but the service struggled with the original system and configuration in earlier characterization testing.

“In 2018, with initial testing, we found various areas where the system had some challenges,” Lt. Col. Mario Iglesias, M2A4 Bradley product manager, told Defense News in a recent interview.

The system was only able to counter 50% of incoming threats, Iglesias said.

https://www.defensenews.com/land/2023/01/24/with-issues-resolved-bradley-to-get-iron-fist-protection-system/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson