Author Topic: Smugglers Are Using Their Kids As ‘Cover’ To Sneak Illegal Immigrants Into The US  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Smugglers Are Using Their Kids As ‘Cover’ To Sneak Illegal Immigrants Into The US

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
January 24, 2023
5:00 PM ET

Smugglers are bringing their children when transporting illegal immigrants further into the country as a way to hide their nefarious operations, according to current and former law enforcement officials who spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The smuggling is occurring during a record surge in illegal immigration at the U.S.-Mexico border, where federal authorities recorded more than 2.3 million migrant encounters in fiscal year 2022.

“It’s what happens when people care more about making a few dollars than the health and safety of their own family members,” Goliad County Sheriff Roy Boyd told the DCNF.

Drivers smuggling illegal immigrants into the country are bringing their young children to “cover” their crimes, according to current and former law enforcement officials who spoke with the Daily Caller News Foundation.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/24/southern-border-human-smuggling-illegal-immigration/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I hope our POTUS is proud of the way he has made human smuggling so lucrative people will risk their own children in the business.  This really isn't shanghai type of people smuggling so it needs a proper name.  I suggest "Brandoning." :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson