Author Topic: 20 Republican states file lawsuit against Biden's immigration program  (Read 110 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
20 Republican states file lawsuit against Biden's immigration program
15:16, 25.01.2023
Region:World News
Theme: Politics

In the U.S., 20 states controlled by representatives of the Republican Party asked a federal judge to suspend the program of financial support for migrants. It is reported by the CBS News TV channel, citing a court document.

The states of Alabama, Alaska, Arkansas, Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Ohio, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, West Virginia and Wyoming applied to the court. Meanwhile, the coalition is led by the state of Texas.

The statement said the migrant sponsorship policy illegally grants more parole authority, which can only be invoked in exceptional cases. The states also said officials were required to allow citizens to have their say on the program before it went into effect.

https://news.am/eng/news/741227.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson