Author Topic: Record Apprehensions and Suspected Terrorist Arrests Made for a Disastrous December at the Southwest  (Read 108 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Record Apprehensions and Suspected Terrorist Arrests Made for a Disastrous December at the Southwest Border
January 23, 2023

Michael Capuano

The release of December 2022’s border encounter numbers brings an inglorious end to America’s worst year for illegal immigration ever. 251,487 people were encountered at the Southwest border in December alone, the first time the monthly figure has ever passed a quarter-million. That number does not include “gotaways” (individuals noticed by law enforcement but not apprehended), who according to CBP sources account for close to 100,000 additional illegal entries every month. This highest-ever figure is the tenth consecutive month of more than 200,000 crossings on the Southwest border, and the Biden administration has only made efforts to conceal or move around the unsustainable numbers of illegals entering our country rather than address the crisis.

Even more troubling, only around one-fifth of December’s record total were expelled under Title 42 authority. The remainder, over 200,000 people, were allowed to be processed and the vast majority likely released into American communities as yet another abuse of “humanitarian parole.”

In addition to the sheer volume of illegal migrants, the latest data provide other reasons for concern. Among the individuals encountered at the border were 17 flagged by the Department of Justice’s Terrorist Screening Database. The total of 38 individuals on this database encountered since October 1, the beginning of this fiscal year, compares to 26 individuals encountered from this list in all of Fiscal Years 2017 through 2021. The engineered breakdown of our border security poses a direct terror threat to American citizens.

https://www.fairus.org/blog/2023/01/23/record-apprehensions-and-suspected-terrorist-arrests-made-disastrous-december
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson