Author Topic: Electric Cars: Square peg, round hole  (Read 131 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric Cars: Square peg, round hole
« on: January 25, 2023, 12:25:04 pm »
Electric Cars: Square peg, round hole
By Duggan Flanakin |January 25th, 2023|Energy|1 Comment

The big story of 2023 just might be the clash between those who have imposed electric vehicle mandates and those for whom an electric vehicle is not on their shopping list.

The federal government, many state governments, and much of the automobile industry – and their counterparts worldwide – have decreed that the world abandon the internal combustion engine in favor of the (often-coal-fired) electric vehicle.

Mandates for banning new sales of conventional vehicles are as plentiful as schemes to disallow further production of “evil” fossil fuels that brought a total transformation of the world economy in little more than a century. Moreover, most automakers have pledged to end production of conventional vehicles within the next few years.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/01/25/electric-cars-square-peg-round-hole/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=electric-cars-square-peg-round-hole&utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=electric-cars-square-peg-round-hole
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson