Author Topic: A Mad Rush to Build More EV Factories, But Where are the Minerals?  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
A Mad Rush to Build More EV Factories, But Where are the Minerals?
Incentives and free money from the Inflation Reduction Act has triggered an investment boom to build more electric vehicles.
MISHJAN 2, 2023

Where Clean Energy Metals are Produced
The auto industry has earmarked billions of dollars for EV projects resulting in the Biggest Auto-Factory Building Boom in Decades

The U.S. auto industry is entering one of its biggest factory-building booms in years, a surge of spending largely driven by the shift to electric vehicles and new federal subsidies aimed at boosting U.S. battery manufacturing.

The 11-month total adds to the $37 billion in new auto-factory spending committed in 2021, when a number of new projects were revealed in states such as Tennessee, Kentucky and Michigan. The annual figure is up from $9 billion in 2017 and a more than eightfold increase from two decades ago, the center found.

https://mishtalk.com/economics/a-mad-rush-to-build-more-ev-factories-but-where-are-the-minerals
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

Re: A Mad Rush to Build More EV Factories, But Where are the Minerals?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2023, 05:20:41 pm »