Author Topic: Illegal crossings of Mexico-US border up 40% in December  (Read 194 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Illegal crossings of Mexico-US border up 40% in December
« on: January 24, 2023, 05:24:57 pm »
Illegal crossings of Mexico-US border up 40% in December

MND Staff
January 23, 2023

Migrants who crossed the Mexico-United States border between official ports of entry were stopped by U.S. authorities on over 250,000 occasions in December, an increase of over 40% compared to the same month of 2021.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) reported Friday that there were 251,487 “encounters” along the southwest land border last month, a 40.3% increase compared to December 2021 and a 7% spike compared to November.

The figure — which includes migrants stopped on more than one occasion in December — is the highest for any month since U.S. President Joe Biden took office in January 2021.

CBP said that the number of unique individuals encountered along the border in December was 216,162, an 11% increase compared to November.

https://mexiconewsdaily.com/news/illegal-crossings-mexico-us-border-december/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson