Author Topic: M&M's Tosses Their 'Spokescandies' in the Garbage After Woke Characters Cause Backlash  (Read 491 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
M&M's Tosses Their 'Spokescandies' in the Garbage After Woke Characters Cause Backlash
By Brandon Morse | 11:45 AM on January 23, 2023

What used to be arguably America’s most famous candy became infamous over the course of the last few years as it descended into woke culture as many corporations did, and just like these other corporations, it paid the price.

As previously covered by RedState, M&M’s marketing team decided to take the beloved characters and begin changing up how they act and behave. While Red and Yellow were left alone, Green was defeminized so that she wasn’t so obviously a woman, which was offensive to the hard left for some reason. Moreover, they began adding other colors for the various flavors coming out, but they were attached to social messaging in the “modern audiences” vein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_B4Oz4CPu0&ab_channel=M%26M%27SChocolate

To be sure, the backlash was nothing short of immediate. People began vowing to distance themselves from, not just M&Ms, but the Mars candy company in general.

It would appear the pressure and backlash were too much. On Monday, the candy company released a statement on Twitter declaring that they didn’t think many people would notice the changes to its “spokescandies” but that “even a candy’s shoes can be polarizing.”

“Therefore, we have decided to take an indefinite pause from the spokescandies,” the statement continued.

more
https://redstate.com/brandon_morse/2023/01/23/mms-tosses-their-spokescandies-in-the-garbage-after-woke-characters-cause-backlash-n692738
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Man "The California Raisins" would never stand a chance today.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
When even a good product gets so woke, its worth skipping.

Someone in these boardrooms have to be noticing the backlash.

The worst of all is when the beautiful Christmas Commerical with the Hershey's kisses playing "We wish You a Merry Christmas"  was interuppted by a Black Family, was the worst offender of all.  Ruined it.

This in late 2020, when the woke revolution was at it's apex.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2023, 09:17:46 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Kamaji

Man "The California Raisins" would never stand a chance today.

Ain't that the truth.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
I am the customer. No corporation where I spend my hard earned money has any power or justification to morally judge, promote, and prod me.

Stop shoving your ideology driven religion down my throat. Just do something completely neutral and call it good.
The Republic is lost.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Kamaji

If an M&M identifies as a female do I need to get permission 1st before I eat her?

:mauslaff:

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
If an M&M identifies as a female do I need to get permission 1st before I eat her?

I mean if an freakin' emu and dumb white guy can retire on an idiotic ad campaign, why can't woke piece of candy?  /s
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
If you only eat the chocolate ones are you a racist...asking for a friend.  :whistle:
Support the USO