Author Topic: Wild melee inside Manhattan hotel-turned-shelter ends with brawling brothers stabbed by security wo  (Read 286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Wild melee inside Manhattan hotel-turned-shelter ends with brawling brothers stabbed by security worker

Thomas Tracy, Emma Seiwell, New York Daily News
Sun, January 22, 2023 at 9:23 AM EST·2 min read

When three men began throwing glass bottles at a stranger inside a Midtown Manhattan hotel-turned-shelter they wound up striking a security worker — who sought revenge, stabbing two of them with shards of the broken glass, cops said.

Jordy Torres-Cabezas, 33, and his 16-year-old brother started throwing glass bottles with their friend Alejandro Pollo, 19, in the Stewart Hotel on Seventh Ave. near W. 31st St. at about 12:55 a.m. Saturday, cops said.

In November, city officials announced the 600-room hotel was transitioning from being an emergency shelter to one of the city’s four humanitarian relief centers for migrants.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/wild-melee-inside-manhattan-hotel-142300235.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Americans just don't understand the loving family dynamics of other cultures. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline mountaineer

Migrants camping outside the Watson Hotel in Hell’s Kitchen after refusing to relocate to Brooklyn Cruise Terminal

https://twitter.com/LissetteNunezTV/status/1620011062174130177
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Jordy Torres-Cabezas, 33, and his 16-year-old brother

WTF? 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.