Author Topic: Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs says she'll continue transporting migrants out of state  (Read 161 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Arizona Gov. Katie Hobbs says she'll continue transporting migrants out of state
by Cami Mondeaux, Breaking News Reporter |
 January 21, 2023 03:17 PM

Arizona will continue its practice of transporting migrants who cross the southern border to other destinations in the United States, Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs announced Friday.

Hobbs announced the state would continue transporting migrants to other U.S. cities via bus and plane, continuing a controversial practice implemented by her Republican predecessor Gov. Doug Ducey last year. However, Hobbs noted that this time her administration would focus specifically on transporting migrants to their desired destinations.

"It’s something that provides support to those local communities," Hobbs said during a press conference on Friday, referring to border towns that have received an influx of migrants in recent months. "If we’re spending money to bus people, why not just get them to their final destination?”

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/policy/immigration/arizona-gov-katie-hobbs-continue-transporting-migrants-out-state
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
It's just another form of "sanctuary."  Welcome them in, ship them out and let someone else pick up the tab, then tell them how much you love them. :tongue2:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson