General Category > General Discussion

Bride Doesn’t Include Wedding Dinner Price In Her Wedding Invites, Is Surprised To See Many Guests C

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sighlass:
Noticed this was 5 years ago... but I guess the subject is timeless... I guess I would decline but offer to pay for one person that couldn't afford it to attend (cheaper than paying for wife and me). Just as a matter of politeness... if they were close kin. No gift, nothing else. We are on the poor end ourselves and our wedding was done on a shoestring at a local church with the decor done by family. Dad hosted a dinner at a local steakhouse. I wouldn't change a thing. Live within your means and don't put on airs. We even cut our honeymoon short cause we couldn't justify the costs when we have home improvements that were needed.

240B:

--- Quote from: Sighlass on January 23, 2023, 12:58:56 am ---Noticed this was 5 years ago... but I guess the subject is timeless... I guess I would decline but offer to pay for one person that couldn't afford it to attend (cheaper than paying for wife and me). Just as a matter of politeness... if they were close kin. No gift, nothing else. We are on the poor end ourselves and our wedding was done on a shoestring at a local church with the decor done by family. Dad hosted a dinner at a local steakhouse. I wouldn't change a thing. Live within your means and don't put on airs. We even cut our honeymoon short cause we couldn't justify the costs when we have home improvements that were needed.

--- End quote ---
That is true. Did not notice the 4 years ago post. I just saw it today. But yes, the is idea is timeless.

Hoodat:
Typically, the bride's parents foot the bill for the wedding and reception.  It's possible that she does not have stellar family support.  But she should also act accordingly.  There's nothing wrong with having a crawfish boil in place of a formal meal.

When I got married, we held the reception dinner the night before the wedding.  Best decision ever.

mountaineer:
I paid for our wedding  and couldn't afford a sit down dinner. We had hors d'oeuvres and cookies in the church fellowship hall. Oh, the horror!

dfwgator:
Next time (and I bet there will be a next time), may I suggest eloping?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version