Author Topic: New York City to open huge shelter for asylum seekers at Brooklyn cruise terminal  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New York City to open huge shelter for asylum seekers at Brooklyn cruise terminal

Published: 22 January ,2023: 10:52 AM GST
Updated: 22 January ,2023: 11:07 AM GST
New York City will temporarily house about 1,000 asylum seekers at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, Mayor Eric Adams announced on Saturday, the latest response to the surge of migrants in the city since last spring.

“Our city is at its breaking point,” Adams said in a statement.

For the latest headlines, follow our Google News channel online or via the app.

The huge terminal, on the waterfront in Brooklyn’s Red Hook neighborhood, will provide shelter, food, medical care, and other services for single men until cruise season resumes in the spring.

Almost 28,000 migrants are in the city now, among a total of 41,000 since last year amid a record number of crossings from Mexico to the US. Many of the migrants are originally from countries including Venezuela, Nicaragua, and Cuba.

Adams has been vocal about the strain on city services and its budget. Last weekend, he visited the border in Texas, denouncing leaders of that state and others who have bused migrants north to New York and other cities.

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/world/2023/01/22/New-York-City-to-open-huge-shelter-for-asylum-seekers-at-Brooklyn-cruise-terminal
« Last Edit: January 22, 2023, 02:08:59 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Adams has already masterminded one illegal alien housing flop with taxpayer dollars, and now is gunning for number 2.  And according to him, the city can't afford it. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson