Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: Navy Won’t Publicly Release Results of Amphibious Ship Study  (Read 117 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Navy Won’t Publicly Release Results of Amphibious Ship Study
The study, which had been delayed for months, has been sent to lawmakers.
CAITLIN M. KENNEY | JANUARY 20, 2023
NAVY CONGRESS

The long-awaited Navy study to determine the future makeup of the U.S. amphibious warship fleet has finally made it to Congress, but don’t hold your breath for the results: they’re classified.

The Navy sent the Amphibious Force Requirements Study to the Congressional defense committees on Dec. 28, Lt. Gabrielle Dimaapi, a spokeswoman for the Navy secretary, said in an email statement Friday to Defense One.

The study was “closely coordinated with the Office of the Secretary of Defense Cost Analysis and Program Evaluation and Office of Management and Budget prior to providing it to Congress,” Dimaapi said. It “assessed the risk associated with the size and composition of the future amphibious warship fleet. It focused on both traditional and planned amphibious warships and platforms.”

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/01/exclusive-navy-wont-publicly-release-results-amphibious-ship-study/382056/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson