Author Topic: It's Over, Joe: New York Times Throws Joe Biden Under the Bus By Robert Spencer  (Read 906 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
It's Over, Joe: New York Times Throws Joe Biden Under the Bus
By Robert Spencer 11:18 AM on January 21, 2023

The New York Times has long ago abandoned any pretense of being an actual news source and has settled into its role as the foremost propaganda arm of the hard Left, capitalizing upon the fact that there is still a considerable number of people in the U.S. and around the world who still think that the Times can be trusted to report events impartially and accurately. In reality, the only thing the Times is good for is revealing what the political and media elites are thinking, and a Friday opinion piece dropped a bombshell, in the Times’ muted, bloodless Voice-of-the-Ages manner: the Leftist establishment is through with Old Joe Biden. Watch for him to be replaced as the Democratic presidential nominee in 2024, and he could be gone even sooner.

The author of the “Guest Essay” was Jonathan Alter, a respected far-Left intellectual who has written hagiographic biographies of some of the Left’s foremost saints, Franklin D. Roosevelt, Jimmy Carter, and Barack Obama. But don’t expect Old Joe to take his place as the fourth member of Alter’s personal woke Mount Rushmore anytime soon: Alter once admired the serial liar who is currently pretending to be president but no more. The classified documents scandal has the Leftist “historian” searching for a new hero.

Alter begins by lamenting past glories: “Remember the iconic image of a smiling Joe Biden in his 1967 Corvette Stingray? It conjured charming Uncle Joe, a retro-cool guy who’d been around the track and knew how to handle it.” But all that is gone now: “Four months after President Biden called Donald Trump’s mishandling of classified documents ‘irresponsible,’ that vintage car — parked at the president’s home in Delaware next to his own boxes containing classified material — has been transformed into a shiny symbol of hypocrisy. If you went into a G.O.P. whataboutism lab and asked for a perfect gaffe, you’d come out with the president snapping last week to a Fox News reporter, ‘My Corvette is in a locked garage.’ Well, the storage room at Mar-a-Lago is locked, too.” Ouch!

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/robert-spencer/2023/01/21/its-over-joe-new-york-times-throws-joe-biden-under-the-bus-n1663747
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Biden is not over until they figure out what to do with a problem called Kamela.

Online Hoodat

Biden is not over until they figure out what to do with a problem called Kamela.

That's the easy part, now that they have their 51 Senate votes.  Say 'hello' to Vice President Newsom.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
That's the easy part, now that they have their 51 Senate votes.  Say 'hello' to Vice President Newsom.

I was just going to post that....lol
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

I was just going to post that....lol

How/why does Harris forfeit her position as VP to clear the deck for a white male @mystery-ak ?

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How/why does Harris forfeit her position as VP to clear the deck for a white male @mystery-ak ?

It puts Newsom in position....If Biden steps down naturally Harris will be POTUS but I doubt she will be allowed to run again in 2024.

There is no way the Dems are going to allow Harris to run in 2024..they want the Presidency too much to take a chance with her.
Support the USO

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
It puts Newsom in position....If Biden steps down naturally Harris will be POTUS but I doubt she will be allowed to run again in 2024.

There is no way the Dems are going to allow Harris to run in 2024..they want the Presidency too much to take a chance with her.
I wouldn't allow Kamala (hahahahahehehehaHahahaheheheeh) to babysit my dog while I'm out of town. The woman is retarded. Kamala is a trainwreck.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Good points @mystery-ak   Thanks.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
RinVa wonders:
"How/why does harris forfeit her position as VP to clear the deck for a white male"

As I've explained in this forum more than once before, that's easy -- IF they want to "go nuclear" and don't care about the fallout that results.

Bring to full exposure the facts that prove she fails the Constitutional requirement to be president (or vice-president, as well) due to her lack of "natural-born citizenship".

Please don't post "well, that didn't work with obama".
It "didn't work" because NO ONE (on either side) in any position to have made it "work", would own up to the responsibility.

But ... get rid of kamala sutra?
Might be a different story.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Anybody that thinks the NYT is upset over treason by the Biden family,or any other Dim family (does the initials "LBJ" ring any bells?) is delusional.

What they are afraid of is the Dims losing control of the power,and the possibility of "Rude Orange Man",who can't be bribed,taking control of the government.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

WHY would they be worried about this?

Kamela has zero power/authority once Slow Joe leaves office,regardless of if he runs and is defeated,or he is convinced to not run.

The Dims get to put together a new Presidential Ticket,and it's back to business as usual if the new ticket wins.

There is NOTHING in law that says a former VP will automatically get the top spot in any upcoming elections.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Right_in_Virginia

The DNC tells her to step down and not run,and even she isn't stupid enough to NOT take THAT "hint".

I have no doubt there will also be a big bag of cash attached to that deal.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@mystery-ak

MY take on this,and worth every nickel it cost you,is that this is a big panic over nothing. The DNC is NOT going to allow any criminal charges to be placed against Biden,and the next election is not that far into the future.

He will just be ordered to not run for re-election,records will be lost or destroyed,and that will be the end of it.

The Dims will come up with a new ticket for the next election,and the media will fall into line behind them and praise them for offering Americans a "fresh look at the Presidency" while calling Slow Joe a "national hero that helped save 'murika" frum da ebil Republicans."

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@Right_in_Virginia

The DNC tells her to step down and not run,and even she isn't stupid enough to NOT take THAT "hint".

I have no doubt there will also be a big bag of cash attached to that deal.

There's not all that much the DNC can do if she wants to run, just as there wasn't much the RNC could do when Trump wanted to run.  But I think the problem for her is going to be that she'll have no real base of support or financing.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@mystery-ak

MY take on this,and worth every nickel it cost you,is that this is a big panic over nothing. The DNC is NOT going to allow any criminal charges to be placed against Biden,and the next election is not that far into the future.

He will just be ordered to not run for re-election,records will be lost or destroyed,and that will be the end of it.

The Dims will come up with a new ticket for the next election,and the media will fall into line behind them and praise them for offering Americans a "fresh look at the Presidency" while calling Slow Joe a "national hero that helped save 'murika" frum da ebil Republicans."

I think that's mostly correct -- they likely can't prosecute him criminally anyway if he is still in office -- he'd have to be impeached first.  They could file charges, but would have to wait until he's out to prosecute him.  And by the time he's out, the narrative being pushed is that it isn't nice to prosecute a senile old man.

But, if the GOP wins in 2024, the new AG could choose to prosecute him anyway.

@Right_in_Virginia

WHY would they be worried about this?

Kamela has zero power/authority once Slow Joe leaves office,regardless of if he runs and is defeated,or he is convinced to not run.

All true @sneakypete    The problem is twofold: minority, female.