Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: DHS Wants To Pay An Outside Group Millions To Write Rules For Tracking Illegal Immigrants  (Read 114 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: DHS Wants To Pay An Outside Group Millions To Write Rules For Tracking Illegal Immigrants In The US

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
January 21, 2023
10:08 AM ET

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is outsourcing the policy work behind its Alternatives to Detention (ATD) program, according to an online posting from the agency.

The program is used to monitor illegal immigrants released from detention with tracking technology.

“This is just another attempt by this administration to let immigration advocates decide what a federal law enforcement agency can and can’t do and how they’re going to do business, which is unconscionable,” former ICE Director Tom Homan told the Daily Caller News Foundation.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is seeking to contract with a nongovernmental group for millions of dollars to outsource the policy behind a program it runs to monitor illegal immigrants released from custody, according to an agency post about the expected contract.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/21/department-of-homeland-security-immigration-and-customs-enforcement/
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 03:39:39 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

If government blocked them from becoming immigrants, they wouldn't need to track them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-