Author Topic: German electricity to be rationed as EVs and heat pumps threaten collapse of local power grids  (Read 561 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
German electricity to be rationed as EVs and heat pumps threaten collapse of local power grids
JANUARY 19, 2023
tags: germany
By Paul Homewood

If the German grid cannot even cope now, what the hell are they going to do when there are ten times as many EVs and heat pumps?

The Federal Network Agency is planning to ration the power supply to heat pumps and EV charging stations in order to protect the distribution grids from collapse. Charging times of three hours to charge electric cars will be allowed so that they can cover a distance of 50 kilometers.
Electric cars, heat pumps and private solar systems are booming. This is pushing the power grids in cities and communities to their limits.
An expert quoted by the “FAZ” warns that the local power grids are in danger of becoming the bottleneck for the energy transition. According to estimates, expanding it would cost a three-digit billion amount.
The Federal Network Agency wants to ration electricity for consumers to prevent a collapse in supply.
Electric cars are booming, as are heat pumps and private solar systems on roofs. This should only be the beginning of the energy transition in Germany. But the energy industry is already warning that the local power grids in cities and communities are reaching their performance limits. This has been reported by the “Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung” (FAZ). According to the report, the Federal Network Agency is planning to temporarily ration the power supply to heat pumps and charging stations in order to protect the distribution grids from overload.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/01/19/german-electricity-to-be-rationed-as-evs-and-heat-pumps-threaten-collapse-of-local-power-grids/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

When are Germans going to wake up to the suicide pact that is the green movement?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

When are Germans going to wake up to the suicide pact that is the green movement?

Not just Germany needs to wake up. ....

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

When they stop blaming Jews for global warming? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online mountaineer

Maybe they shouldn't have shuttered their coal-fired power plants. Just a thought.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"Charging times of three hours to charge electric cars will be allowed so that they can cover a distance of 50 kilometers."

50 kilometers works out to about 31 miles.

In other words, you ain't goin' very far...

Online DB

Civilization is devolving by following false gods...

Online mountaineer

50 kilometers works out to about 31 miles.
In other words, you ain't goin' very far...
Which is why the government of Oxfordshire (where the British city of Oxford is located) is floating a decree limiting how far from home a person may go (although they dispute that's what would happen).
...  Oxfordshire County Council approved a £6.5 million trial scheme to prevent drivers using busy routes at peak times.

The six-month test, which is expected to start next year, is designed to cut unnecessary car journeys and free up space for buses to travel on Oxford’s heavily congested roads.

It also aims to “tackle climate change” by reducing pollution.

Similar to London’s congestion charge system, it involves installing numberplate recognition cameras that monitor which vehicles drive down roads towards the city centre.

The cameras will be placed on six key roads, creating “traffic filters” that fine private cars £70 if they do not have a permit. Other vehicles, including bikes and public transport, will be exempt.

Oxford residents will be able to apply for permits to drive through the filters on 100 days a year and there are other exemptions for blue badge holders, carers, emergency workers and business owners. ...

A county council spokesman said everyone in the city is free to drive wherever they like, whenever they want, adding that the filters will not “trap” anyone.

“They’re points on a road, not a ‘zone’. People living on roads near them can enter and leave via other roads any time without a permit. Everyone can enter and leave their street in at least one direction without going through a filter.”   ...
The Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Civilization is devolving by following false gods...

@DB

YUP,and that was the goal of the plan from Day One.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!