Author Topic: Mayors from across the country descend on Washington  (Read 131 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Mayors from across the country descend on Washington
« on: January 19, 2023, 06:01:50 pm »
Mayors from across the country descend on Washington
"Politics doesn't have to be poisonous" says Miami Mayor Francis Suarez

By Molly Martinez
Published: Jan. 19, 2023 at 12:01 PM EST|Updated: 58 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (Gray DC) - Immigration, affordable housing, and critical infrastructure.

Those are just a few of the hot-topics our nations mayors are tackling this week in Washington.

Miami Mayor Francis Suarez says this conference is an opportunity to show that gridlock is a Washington problem, and that leaders from cities big and small can come together to solve some of the biggest issues facing America.

“America’s mayors are here to show that politics doesn’t need to be poisonous. We can still partner together to make America more prosperous,” said Suarez.

Suarez is at the helm of the mayor’s conference this week - with the intent of sending a clear, collaborative message to lawmakers.

“We need all levels of government doing their part,” said Suarez. “That strong local federal partnership is essential if we are to break some of these partisan stalemates. We know that Washington is divided right now doing things. Big things will be hard, but we cannot allow low expectations to get in the way of answers for the American people.”

https://www.kcrg.com/2023/01/19/mayors-across-country-descend-washington/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson