Author Topic: “The Rise of the Robots is Happening:” Security company releases “cringe” ad, depicting misfortune-p  (Read 146 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
“The Rise of the Robots is Happening:” Security company releases “cringe” ad, depicting misfortune-prone security robots as commandos

FEATUREDUNCATEGORIZEDWIB CULTUREWIB POLITICS January 19, 2023 Staff Writer and Andy Wolf 0

A company that provides security robots has released a cringe-inducing ad that portrays the robots as “elite,” despite the devices becoming meme-worthy due to the public abusing them.

Knightscope Inc., a company that produces a variety of automated security robots (with a focus on the K-5 model), released a video that channeled the intro to “The A-Team,” complete with a helicopter dropping elite troops off in the jungle.

The “troops,” however, are a series of robots known for being somewhat clumsy and widely-disliked by the public.

For a company with its stock currently on a downward trend, losing $14 per share over 5 years [from $16.29 to $1.64], the bizarre video seems like a strange marketing move.

https://warisboring.com/the-rise-of-the-robots-is-happening-security-company-releases-cringe-ad-depicting-misfortune-prone-security-robots-as-commandos/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson