Author Topic: The reparations DEBACLE: Why Joe Biden is dodging the unpopular policy that's stoking fury in Democr  (Read 543 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The reparations DEBACLE: Why Joe Biden is dodging the unpopular policy that's stoking fury in Democrat enclaves

San Francisco's $5m giveaway to black residents has sparked an outcry
    Who gets paid? And how much? Who should have to pay? 
    From California to Massachusetts, panels are weighing how to craft a policy 
    An Illinois city is making limited gains with housing grants for black residents
    63 percent oppose reparations, meaning Biden is unlikely to move
    Have your say: vote in DailyMail.com's poll about reparations in the US 

By James Reinl, Social Affairs Correspondent, For Dailymail.Com

Published: 08:02 EST, 19 January 2023 | Updated: 08:59 EST, 19 January 2023

Plans to compensate black Americans for slavery-era sins have been around for decades. They've gained traction in recent months as ever more left-leaning states and cities launch local inquiries into their own atonement schemes.

San Francisco made headlines this week with a proposal for $5 million payouts to every longtime black resident, and other plans to address generations of economic losses suffered by the minority group. 

The announcement provoked uproar, with many observers balking at the eye-watering sum and immediately asking what the scheme would cost in its entirety, who foots the bill, and whether it would hurt California's economy.

Meanwhile, the Illinois city of Evanston has been helping residents who suffered from long-forgotten racist housing policies. Its grants have paid off a few mortgages, but also stoked divisions between winners and losers.

Against this backdrop, DailyMail.com takes a look at the reparations debate, and finds out whether small-scale efforts in liberal enclaves could ever amount to a national bid to tackle racism's legacy once and for all.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11640741/Reparations-slavery-era-abuses-gets-mired-controversy-Biden-dodges-unpopular-policy.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Time to buy stock in the maker of Colt45, and Newports.

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re the image from the original article above:

See this "prediction post", by me:
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,487132.msg2755218.html#msg2755218

Offline verga

The actual first slaves in America in 1619 were Irish Children. Shouldn't their progeny be in line first? And shouldn't it actually be the descendents of tghe West african tribes that actually sold other Africans into slavery paying the reparations? asking for a friend.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

Egypt Ordered To Pay Israel Reparations For Slavery

Jan 19, 2023

CAIRO — Shockwaves reverberated throughout Egypt today as an international court officially ruled the nation must begin making payments of financial reparations to Israel for hundreds of years of slavery in ancient times.

"This was certainly not expected," said Quadri Abdur, spokesman for the Egyptian government. "We were happy to hear about other governments looking to make reparation payments to minorities, but we didn't stop to think about our own history of horrible oppression and slavery against the people of ancient Israel."

Experts and political pundits around the world had initially hailed other reparations decisions like that of San Francisco to pursue making monetary payments to make up for past enslavement and mistreatment of African-Americans. Public sentiment took a turn, however, when people began to remember the plight of the Israeli people for thousands of years.

"It's about time! No one knows the level of oppression experienced throughout history by the Jewish people," said Rabbi Josef Gittelman. "We're just starting at the beginning here. Next, we'll be looking for reparations from the Assyrians, Babylonians, Romans, Germany, everyone! It's time to pay up, Gentiles!"   .   .   .

https://babylonbee.com/news/egypt-ordered-to-pay-israel-reparations-for-slavery
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Where are my reparations from the British Crown for the 800 year occupation and 1840s Potato Famine in Ireland?

Where are my reparations from the railroads for the abuse and deaths of Irish laborers building the railroads?

Where are my reparations from the Union Army for forced conscription of Irish immigrants to serve in place of rich Blue-Blooded Yankees?

Where are my reparations from the Boston Celtics and Notre Dame Fighting Irish for their offense, racist mascots?

Where are my reparations from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission for Irish Need Not Apply?

Where are my reparations from Ivy League Universities for discrimination against admitting Irish applicants?

Where are my reparations from the Food Network for all the boiled cabbage I had to eat on St Patrick's Day?

Everyone's got a gripe.  A reparation payment is a check to go-away and not bother anyone anymore with those gripes - they can white out Slavery from the history books and from the nation's conscience.  It will be like 1619 never happened.  How large a reparation check will it take to bury the truth, the indignity, and the suffering caused by Slavery?

If you accept a reparation check, you are handing away your personal integrirty for a few bucks.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit

I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.
"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

If you accept a reparation check, you are handing away your personal integrirty for a few bucks.

888mouth

I'd start the post with how 60 years of nation being a welfare state in general supports  your statement above, but I'll refrain from lurkers thinking I am a mean dirty nasty greedy capitialist.  :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline goatprairie

In the case of the Asian descended residents of San Francisco who had zero culpability in the enslavement of African Americans at any time, anywhere before and after the U.S.A. was established, if I were a member of that group forced to pay money to thieves too lazy to do an honest day's work, I'd be pretty irritated.
But even if I were a white person who is supposed to feel guilty for the actions of other white people who lived more than one hundred years before the white person of today was born, I'd be mighty irritated.
The facts are the American taxpayer has been supporting black Americans who in toto are a dead weight on the country.
But black Americans still purport to be victims of terrible white racism...even when many large American cities are majority or (like Detroit) overwhelmingly black.
I suppose there will be those spineless white libs who will feel guilty for something they didn't do and agree to fork over their dough to the thieves.
Unless there is some sort of backlash to inform black Americans of their situation and that they've lost their collective minds, this attempt to rob taxpayers will bode nothing but trouble for the country.