Author Topic: Eight Takes on USCIS's 'Certificate of Non-Existence' – Some of Them Very Dark  (Read 130 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eight Takes on USCIS's 'Certificate of Non-Existence' – Some of Them Very Dark

By David North on January 16, 2023
We have written recently about the Certificate of Non-Existence, a document that USCIS once issued at no cost, and now plans to charge $320 for, whatever it is.

It turns out to be a certificate that Homeland Security has no records on a particular subject. But why would anyone want such a document? We now have collected eight different suggestions on the question — some of them disturbing.

The first take on the issue comes from my colleague Elizabeth Jacobs, a one-time USCIS lawyer, who told me that she had not encountered the form during her years at the agency. She reminded me that, given the way the Biden administration handles illegal aliens flowing over the border, there are large number of them within the country who are un-recorded by the feds, and that a search of the records would show no hits.

https://cis.org/North/Eight-Takes-USCISs-Certificate-NonExistence-Some-Them-Very-Dark
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 05:04:51 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson