Author Topic: As historic numbers of migrants cross the border, their dogs are often left behind  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As historic numbers of migrants cross the border, their dogs are often left behind

Adam Shaw
Wed, January 18, 2023 at 2:00 AM EST

The embattled southern border is entering its third year of a historic migrant crisis that has smashed records and seen hundreds of thousands of migrants cross into the U.S. each month -- many of them are bringing their dogs, who need to be left behind.

Fox News has witnessed numerous migrants bringing animals with them as they make the arduous trek to the southern border, often across multiple different countries.

But once they arrive, their pups and other pets are unlikely to be allowed into the U.S., given that animals are not allowed into federal processing centers. So migrants who are apprehended by Customs and Border Protection (CBP) are often forced to leave their furry friends behind.

It’s unclear how many animals have been left behind since the border crisis began, but reporters, law enforcement and activists often witness lost dogs wandering around looking for food at or near major border crossings. Some of them will assist with the reuniting or rehousing of the lost pets.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/historic-numbers-migrants-cross-border-their-dogs-often-left-behind-404303/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 04:46:00 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Its just my opinion, but people who would abandon their dogs to fend for themselves don't belong here.  That kind of animal cruelty is frequently a sign of someone who is mentally sick. ****slapping
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson