Author Topic: New Study Indicates North American Pacific Coast Sea Levels Declining From 1952-2014  (Read 393 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New Study Indicates North American Pacific Coast Sea Levels Declining From 1952-2014
By Kenneth Richard on 16. January 2023

Share this...
Sea level changes along the Pacific coast have not been cooperating with an alarmist narrative.
New research reveals sea level rise has decelerated from ~5 mm/yr from the 1970s to 1990s down to about 1.5 mm/yr since the late 1990s along the Peruvian coast.

Further, the entire North America Pacific coast has undergone “statistically significant negative trends” (-0.11 to -33 mm/yr) in sea level change over the 1952-2014 period.

Image Source: Jigena-Antelo et al., 2023Historically, this region of the world had sea surface temperatures about 4°C warmer than today throughout much of the last several thousand years (Salvatecci et al., 2019). Temperatures have been declining precipitously in recent decades (as indicated by the black star markings in the below study).

http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.uBc77k0X.dyCnhsLQ.dpbs
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

New Study Indicates North American Pacific Coast Sea Levels Declining From 1952-2014
By Kenneth Richard on 16. January 2023

Share this...
Sea level changes along the Pacific coast have not been cooperating with an alarmist narrative.
New research reveals sea level rise has decelerated from ~5 mm/yr from the 1970s to 1990s down to about 1.5 mm/yr since the late 1990s along the Peruvian coast.

Further, the entire North America Pacific coast has undergone “statistically significant negative trends” (-0.11 to -33 mm/yr) in sea level change over the 1952-2014 period.

Image Source: Jigena-Antelo et al., 2023Historically, this region of the world had sea surface temperatures about 4°C warmer than today throughout much of the last several thousand years (Salvatecci et al., 2019). Temperatures have been declining precipitously in recent decades (as indicated by the black star markings in the below study).

http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.uBc77k0X.dyCnhsLQ.dpbs
So the sea level rises in Peru and falls on the U.S. West coast.....not possible.

Offline Kamaji

So the sea level rises in Peru and falls on the U.S. West coast.....not possible.

It is if the land is rising/sinking, which is bound to happen as the tectonic plates move about.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

It is the climate version of the "Magic Loogie".
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Idiot

It is if the land is rising/sinking, which is bound to happen as the tectonic plates move about.
Of course they move....but they were talking about sea levels not land levels.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Land rises and falls.

Land in the northern North America and northern Europe are still expanding after the retreat of the Laurentide Glacier.

If you want to lose weight, go to the Northwest Territories of Canada, where gravity is less.

Water levels on the south shore of the Great Lakes is rising as land on the north shore continues to expand.

////00000////

It's like science and physics and stuff, but it can be measured, unlike Global Climate Change.

How are the polar bears doing?  I'm only seeing commercials to save snow leopards.  Polar bears are so last week.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Kamaji

Of course they move....but they were talking about sea levels not land levels.

They're talking about sea levels relative to land levels. 

Offline DB

Well there's also the fact that large amounts of sediment are constantly flowing from the land to the sea. Everything is constantly changing. Nothing on earth is static. And to expect it to be is just stupid. Everything adapts to those changes or dies.