Author Topic: Parliamentary Inquiry – UK Green Jobs Narrative Unravelling  (Read 125 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Parliamentary Inquiry – UK Green Jobs Narrative Unravelling
« on: January 18, 2023, 01:50:52 pm »
Parliamentary Inquiry – UK Green Jobs Narrative Unravelling

3 hours ago Eric Worrall 20 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

Politicians have moved to shore up public faith in their green investment / jobs narrative, by launching a parliamentary inquiry into why British electric vehicle manufacturing companies are faltering.

Business Committee opens UK electric vehicle battery production inquiry

17 January 2023

The Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee launcheds new inquiry into the supply of batteries for electric vehicle manufacture in the UK, and the viability of battery manufacturing for electric vehicles in the UK.

Inquiry: Batteries for electric vehicle manufacturing
Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy Committee

The new inquiry launches after the industry suffered a series of setbacks, including today’s announcement that Government-championed battery start-up Britishvolt entered administration laying off 300 employees.

In October, BMW announced it will end production of the electric Mini in Oxford.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/18/uk-green-jobs-narrative-unravelling-battery-collapse-parliamentary-inquiry/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson