Author Topic: Op-Ed: U.S. facing huge military recruiting crisis  (Read 64 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Op-Ed: U.S. facing huge military recruiting crisis
« on: January 18, 2023, 01:13:52 pm »
Op-Ed: U.S. facing huge military recruiting crisis
By William Haupt III | The Center Square contributor Jan 16, 2023
 “America without her soldiers would be like God without his angels.” – Claudia Pemberton

The 1940s were trying times. The global economic crisis gave way to a world war that became the deadliest and most destructive war in human history. Eighty million individuals lost their lives during World War II. The war saw genocide threaten the eradication of some entire nations. It unleashed the most fearsome technology ever used in war. When it ended, America was the world’s greatest superpower because it had the world’s greatest economy and the world's greatest military forces.

America entered WWII on Dec. 7, 1941, when Japan staged a surprise attack on her military base at Pearl Harbor. In a two-hour attack, Japanese warplanes sank or damaged 18 warships and destroyed 164 aircraft. Over 2,400 servicemen and civilians gave up their lives. Franklin Roosevelt vowed; "No matter how long it takes we Americans will avenge this with a victory." People from all over America and every walk of life volunteered for service to defend the world's greatest nation.

A total of 12,209,238 U.S. men and women served America and the nations of the world to fight for world freedom and democracy. U.S. soldiers fought in countries they'd never been to or heard of.

Many rushed to enlistment centers while others were drafted, eager to fight a war to end all wars.

A total of 672,123 service men and women sacrificed their lives for the gift of freedom worldwide.

https://www.thecentersquare.com/opinion/op-ed-u-s-facing-huge-military-recruiting-crisis/article_e99a12a8-95aa-11ed-bd09-b30aa55bc37d.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson