Author Topic: Failing Grade: A US Climate Report Card  (Read 154 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Failing Grade: A US Climate Report Card
« on: January 17, 2023, 01:06:36 pm »
Failing Grade: A US Climate Report Card
The Biden Administration is Not Making Sufficient Progress Towards its Emissions Reduction Targets

Roger Pielke Jr.
Jan 11

Several new reports are just out that allow for a quantitative evaluation of progress by the United States under the Biden Administration towards its emissions reduction targets under the Paris Agreement. Despite all of the froth associated with the passage of the Inflation Reduction Act in 2022, according to the latest data from the U.S. government, whoever is sworn in as president in January, 2025 will face an enormous emissions reduction challenge.

These three new reports were released yesterday:

U.S. Energy Information Agency Short-Term Energy Outlook (US EIA)

Preliminary US Greenhouse Gas Emissions Estimates for 2022 (Rhodium Group)

U.S. Power Generation: 2022 Review (Enersection)

The analysis that follows relies on the data and projections found in these reports. First, the figure below shows where the U.S. stood at the end of 2022 with respect to achieving its 2025 and 2030 emissions reductions commitments under the Paris Agreement.

https://rogerpielkejr.substack.com/p/failing-grade-a-us-climate-report
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson