Author Topic: First They Came For My Showerhead And I Did Nothing,  (Read 254 times)

Offline GeneralCarlosQ17

• GeneralCarlosQ17
  • MAGA Conservative
    • Truth Social
First They Came For My Showerhead And I Did Nothing,
« on: January 16, 2023, 09:58:18 pm »
First They Came For My Showerhead And I Did Nothing,

Then They Came For My Light Bulbs And I Did Nothing, Now They Want My Gas Stove And...

The news that the federal government is seriously considering a ban on the sale of gas stoves caught many normal Americans off guard. It shouldn’t have. Nor should they believe it when a regulator says they won’t actually ever ban the thing.

In recent decades, regulators have wormed their way into every corner of our lives – banning some products, ruining others, and pricing others out of reach of working families – all allegedly for our benefit. The only thing that’s surprising is that they hadn’t targeted gas stoves earlier.

#bigbrother  #government  #overreach  #personalliberty  #totalitarianism

https://issuesinsights.com/2023/01/12/first-they-came-for-my-showerhead-and-i-did-nothing-then-they-came-for-my-light-bulbs-and-i-did-nothing-now-they-want-my-gas-stove-and/

MAGA Patriot Who loves His Country.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: First They Came For My Showerhead And I Did Nothing,
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2023, 03:47:46 am »
I drilled out my showerhead. I'm a mite furry, and my time is worth more than standing around waiting to get wet (no water shortage here, either).

I bought hotel grade lightbulbs, years ago. I still have another ten or so years' worth left.

Conspicuous (outside) bulbs are LED, despite slow on times in the cold here, but my eyes work better under incandescent.

I don't have a gas stove but they'd best not fool with my fireplace. Too much remote prairie around for that sort of nonsense.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis