Author Topic: Rural New York community faces migrant influx that could 'overwhelm' resources  (Read 301 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Fox News
Rural New York community faces migrant influx that could 'overwhelm' resources
Andrew Miller
Sun, January 15, 2023 at 11:47 AM EST·2 min read

A small western New York community is facing an influx of illegal immigrants some residents fear could overwhelm municipal resources and squeeze the budget as has been the case in New York City.

At least 35 migrants from Colombia are believed to have arrived in the city of Jamestown since late last year and a leading Hispanic advocate says more are on the way, the New York Post reported.

"The Colombians are already here and more are coming. What is the government going to do about it?" Chautauqua County Hispanic Community Council President Max Martin asked. "They need housing and transportation or be allowed to work and get a driver’s license."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rural-york-community-faces-migrant-164747732.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYWxpcGFjLnVzLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABD7DQNEuJ5z9W1CdIrvAOKJgaMcrN4xIkmSLirMJX2bSCjGk_pL5_A_BTM2_-C2ldiEgg2uVfRBK2k4HHJK77YPKz2zq7w7-GIbrNOFzglZkEi5Xy48jQtS-y_ytA4Dg9GtSM5Yurrb5KiPvvMxBVaixRcV7yegEskDjO1N2Zu5
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
 :baby:

Your state invites them so deal with it!

:baby:

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
https://www.yahoo.com/news/york-mayor-says-no-room-010941825.html

But NYC is a sanctuary!  Doesn't he know the Statue of Liberty will shed tears if he turns away immigrants? :tongue2:
Thomas Jefferson

Online rustynail

Give them unused summer homes and all other unoccupied dwellings.  Then put others in homes with spare bedrooms bedrooms and other excessive square footage.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Jamestown is about 360 miles north/west of New York City.
About as far away from there as one can get without being in Pennsylvania.