Author Topic: Denver bought one-way bus tickets for 1,900 migrants. Here’s where they were going. Some of the top  (Read 209 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Denver bought one-way bus tickets for 1,900 migrants. Here’s where they were going.
Some of the top destinations were Chicago, New York City, Atlanta, Miami and Dallas

Jennifer Brown and John Ingold
4:59 PM MST on Jan 13, 2023

Denver spent nearly a half-million dollars last month buying one-way Greyhound bus tickets to other cities for 1,900 migrants who arrived here after crossing the U.S. southern border, according to data released Friday to The Sun by city officials.

The most popular destinations were New York and Illinois, but also Florida, Georgia and Texas.

The spending does not include tickets purchased by the city so far in January, or spending by the state, which paid for chartered buses for four or five days this month to send groups of migrants to other destinations, mainly New York City and Chicago.

Denver sent 399 migrants to Chicago and 345 to New York City in December. The city also sent 122 to Atlanta, 95 each to Miami and Orlando, and 68 to Dallas. In all for the month, the city spent $492,000 on bus tickets.

https://coloradosun.com/2023/01/13/denver-migrants-bus-tickets-final-destinations/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 03:55:02 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DB

Why not California, it's a self-declared sanctuary state?