Author Topic: Adams says NYC at 'breaking point' as asylum seekers continue to arrive in record numbers  (Read 388 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
IMMIGRATION Published January 14, 2023 10:04am EST
Adams says NYC at 'breaking point' as asylum seekers continue to arrive in record numbers
NYC has taken in around 40,000 asylum seekers since last spring
Julia MustoBy Julia Musto | Fox News

Fox News correspondent Bryan Llenas details the cost of supporting migrants on 'America Reports.'

New York City Mayor Eric Adams said Friday that the Big Apple is at its "breaking point" as record numbers of migrants continue to arrive.

The leader submitted an emergency mutual aid request to New York State for immediate help this weekend to shelter the asylum seekers.

"We are at our breaking point. Based off our projections, we anticipate being unable to continue sheltering arriving asylum seekers on our own and have submitted an emergency mutual aid request to the State of New York beginning this weekend," he said in a statement. "This type of request, reserved only for dire emergencies, asks the state for support to shelter arriving asylum seekers as the city faces an immediate need for additional capacity. Our initial request is for shelter to accommodate 500 asylum seekers, but, as New York City continues to see numbers balloon, this estimate will increase as well."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/adams-says-nyc-breaking-point-asylum-seekers-continue-arrive-record-numbers
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 03:40:56 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
He needs to stop bitching and start doing.  NYC and NY volunteered to be "sanctuaries" but don't like it now that illegals are actually showing up; it's kind of easy to make promises with none there.  Texas cities having been putting up with larger influxes for decades. :truce:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
And a  Cloward-Piven to you, too!

888bravo  :tongue2:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis