Author Topic: Electric car makers put the brakes on UK production because they are too expensive to sell  (Read 222 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Electric car makers put the brakes on UK production because they are too expensive to sell
JANUARY 13, 2023
tags: Electric Cars
By Paul Homewood

Well, who would have guessed that!

Makers of electric cars are slowing down UK production as the vehicles are too expensive for many motorists.

It is now expected that the UK will produce 280,000 fully electric cars and vans in 2025, down from previous estimates of 360,000.

The forecast means only a quarter of car output will be electric within the next two years, lower than prior forecasts of more than a third.

In its latest report, the Advanced Propulsion Centre, which provides taxpayer funding to makers of zero-emissions vehicles, said the ‘uncertain economy’ was expected to push drivers towards cheaper car models for a longer period.

Declining production threatens to scupper a key government plan to cut greenhouse gas emissions, with the UK set to ban sales of new petrol and diesel cars by 2030.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/01/13/electric-car-makers-put-the-brakes-on-uk-production-because-they-are-too-expensive-to-sell/
« Last Edit: January 14, 2023, 12:42:43 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This does not bode well for the plan of Mejifornia to sell nothing but electric cars. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson