Author Topic: McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment  (Read 901 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment
« on: January 13, 2023, 02:11:24 pm »
 McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment
by Julia Shapero - 01/13/23 7:58 AM ET

Speaker Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) said on Thursday that he would consider expunging one or both of former President Trump’s impeachments.

“I would understand why members would want to bring that forward,” McCarthy said in response to a question at a press conference on Thursday, before listing off several other key priorities for House Republicans. 

“But I understand why individuals want to do it, and we’d look at it,” he added.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3811952-mccarthy-says-he-will-look-at-expunging-trump-impeachment/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Kamaji

Re: McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2023, 02:15:45 pm »
What would be the point?  It's not like it would disappear from the public record - the history books will always reflect that Trump was impeached - and it's not like he's suffering from any limitations or restrictions (other than his ego) due to the impeachments.

This would be a colossal waste of time and a totally unnecessary opening of cans full of worms.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2023, 02:42:42 pm »
Hell, I might have to repost the exact same thing a 100 times in the next few weeks......

Instead of favors to Trump, how about Congress highly focus on the re-establishment of the XL pipeline permits, and "re-achieving" energy independence.  I mean in obsessive terms.

That was the first damned domino that fell that started this economic disaster in the first place.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2023, 02:45:05 pm »
McCarthy needs to appease his Orange Master.  He's made a deal with the Cheeto's Devil.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2023, 03:00:52 pm »
Literally memory hole it? That's some sci fi stuff right there.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2023, 03:13:37 pm »
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2023, 06:06:09 pm »
"Look at" is meaningless double-speak.

Don't lose sleep over this.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2023, 06:28:08 pm »
"Look at" is meaningless double-speak.

Don't lose sleep over this.

Anything that keeps the Democrats off balance is worth it.  There is no legal basis for an impeachment annulment.  But if the Dems want to kick and scream about it, let them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2023, 01:16:09 am »
"McCarthy says he will look at expunging Trump impeachment"

Don't "look".
DO.

I'll believe this when I see it (even though it's a great idea).

Online DB

« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2023, 01:36:35 am »
He's supposed to work for us, not Trump's ego. With the mountain of problems we're facing this is a complete waste of time and resources.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2023, 04:54:03 am »
Giving Biden a pass on nearly every criminal thing he has done if of no importance, but the criminal lynchin the democrats engaged in in lynchin Trump and hardcore determined election theft must be  regarded as to how noble the democrats can be, and hoiw greatly the American people came be convinced to play utter fools.  Other wise how can we get to the utopian End Times to lay waste to humanity be achieved?  All the lieing, false witnesses, betrayal of faith and duties, all for nuthin? Its Satans time and he demands strict compliance/obedience.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2023, 05:31:38 am »
Come on Kev.  Don't force an error.  Just let it go. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2023, 05:34:11 am »
What would be the point?  It's not like it would disappear from the public record - the history books will always reflect that Trump was impeached - and it's not like he's suffering from any limitations or restrictions (other than his ego) due to the impeachments.

This would be a colossal waste of time and a totally unnecessary opening of cans full of worms.

Yeah, totally agree.  There's no constitutional provision for an expungement of an impeachment, so it would be symbolic at most.  And to the extent some swing voters may not be fans of Trump (there may be a few of those...), there's no point in those GOP reps tying themselves to him any more than they already are.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2023, 05:47:57 am »
He's supposed to work for us, not Trump's ego. With the mountain of problems we're facing this is a complete waste of time and resources.

Have to totally disagree,

Millions of ill-informed voters have no idea the media ...even our own federal government is keeping the truth from them.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2023, 05:56:44 am »
Have to totally disagree,

Millions of ill-informed voters have no idea the media ...even our own federal government is keeping the truth from them.

How would this make it any different?  The people who were getting their news from biased sources before would still be getting their news from those same sources, so their eyes still wouldn't be opened, so to speak.  I truly don't think there's anything you could say to the percentage of voters who dislike Trump that would change their minds.  Their opinions are encased in concrete, and aren't changing.