Author Topic: El Paso Mayor wanted President Biden to see migrant crisis ‘through my eyes’  (Read 221 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
El Paso Mayor wanted President Biden to see migrant crisis ‘through my eyes’

EL PASO, Texas (KVIA) -- President Joe Biden's visit to El Paso Sunday lasted more than an hour than initially scheduled in part because of an unplanned one-on-one meeting with El Paso Mayor Oscar Leeser.

Mayor Leeser requested a chance to speak with him individually as President Biden stepped foot off Air Force One at the El Paso International Airport.

"I said, 'Mr. President, I have a book that I put together. I don't know what part of the schedule would really fit, but I really want to sit down with you and be able to go over this with you,'" Leeser told ABC-7 during an exclusive interview Thursday.

Mayor Leeser says the president said 'absolutely.'

https://kvia.com/top-stories/2023/01/12/el-paso-mayor-wanted-president-biden-to-see-migrant-crisis-through-my-eyes/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
So just why did he have/allow it to be cleaned up? :pondering:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson