Author Topic: The Mexican Backstory to Drone Images of Thousands Crossing the Rio Grande  (Read 166 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Mexican Backstory to Drone Images of Thousands Crossing the Rio Grande
A tale of open government corruption, impressive criminal organization, and irresistible profit from American policy

By Todd Bensman on January 13, 2023
photoillustration of drone images

EL MORAL, Mexico – Just across the Rio Grande from this tiny farming village is where Fox News drones shot the video footage that provided America with perhaps the most iconic vision of the southern border’s two-year-long mass migration crisis: groups of large as 2,500 calmly appeared on the Texas side near Eagle Pass to turn themselves in to the Border Patrol for quick release into the United States.

The flying cameras of Fox News shined a brilliant light on these arriving groups, stunned much of the public, spurred Republican lawmakers to voice outrage, and may well have contributed to President Joe Biden’s January decision to finally visit the border.

But the Mexican side of the story here in El Moral has remained dark, though it probably stands as by far the more disturbing half of the story.

The Center for Immigration Studies recently visited the villages and roadways of the region across from where the infamous drone footage was shot, ground zero of it here in the tiny rural village of El Moral and also in nearby El Centinela, off Mexico Highway 2 along the Rio Grande and some 20-30 miles north of Piedras Negras, the Mexican city opposite Eagle Pass. These are two of the main villages, which hug the Rio Grande, where most of the huge crossings were staged.

https://cis.org/Bensman/Mexican-Backstory-Drone-Images-Thousands-Crossing-Rio-Grande
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Is the "Big Guy" getting his 10% of this too?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis