Author Topic: Thanks To Radical Environmentalists, Not Even A ‘Bomb Cyclone’ Can Fix California’s Drought  (Read 649 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Thanks To Radical Environmentalists, Not Even A ‘Bomb Cyclone’ Can Fix California’s Drought
 Tristan Justice  January 12, 2023  Posted inthe federalist

Poseidon answered California’s prolonged drought crisis with a “bomb cyclone” Pouring enough water on the state temporarily Refill residents’ parched reservoirs.

The single cyclone on its own still doesn’t come close to accomplishing long-term alleviation of California’s seemingly chronic water shortage. Even after snowstorms have covered the Sierra Nevada snowpack, a drought-free future would require years without above-average precipitation. However, the record rainfall It does provide short-term relief.

According to the U.S. Drought Monitor, California’s surface area that’s under drought conditions has dropped to just more than 71 percent since the storm hit, down from 85 percent a month ago. This number could have been much higher if California was better prepared to take advantage of the gift from heaven.

https://www.conservativenewsdaily.net/breaking-news/thanks-to-radical-environmentalists-not-even-a-bomb-cyclone-can-fix-californias-drought/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DB

California is actively tearing down dams - for the fish...

Offline Hoodat

It's Raining Cats and Dogs in California—but What Happens to All That Water?

Bob Hoge  |  11:30 PM on January 09, 2023

It’s absolutely pouring in Los Angeles Monday night as another storm hits the area, with rivers running down my street, my yard turned into a large swimming pool, and evacuations being ordered in Prince Harry’s town of Montecito (just south of Santa Barbara).

.  .  .

The question is, with billions of gallons dropping out of the sky, where does all that water go? Shouldn’t this be enough to end the drought and leave us with oodles of H2O?

Turns out, the answer lies in bad planning, wasted resources and bureaucratic entanglements. Why do I say that? Because most of this water will fly down the LA River and into the ocean, an ephemeral visitor that we fail to capture or effectively utilize. In effect, God is giving us the very answer to one of California’s most vexing problems—and we’re simply letting it slip through our hands.  .  .

https://redstate.com/bobhoge/2023/01/09/its-raining-cats-and-dogs-in-california-but-what-happens-to-all-that-water-n686167
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
California has been hammered with rain. It may not be enough to reverse its drought.
Evan Bush
Thu, January 12, 2023 at 12:53 PM EST·7 min read

California is a land of booms and busts. Nowhere is that clearer than in its rivers, trickling a month ago during drought and now suddenly swollen as fearsome storms pummel the state.

“There’s no Goldilocks moments in California,” said Jeffrey Mount, a senior fellow at the Water Policy Center of the Public Policy Institute of California. “It’s either incredibly wet or incredibly dry.”

Six powerful storms supercharged by atmospheric rivers have struck the state since Christmas, according to State Climatologist Michael Anderson. Three more are expected in the coming days. At least 17 people have died, mudslides have poured onto roadways, and hundreds of thousands have lost power at times.

And despite all that water, state leaders are bracing for the possibility of more drought this summer in parts of the state.

https://news.yahoo.com/california-hammered-rain-may-not-175337713.html 
« Last Edit: January 12, 2023, 07:18:53 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod5