Author Topic: The Global Emissions Experiment: A 33-Year Audit  (Read 151 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The Global Emissions Experiment: A 33-Year Audit
« on: January 12, 2023, 01:17:43 pm »
The Global Emissions Experiment: A 33-Year Audit

By Christopher Monckton of Brenchley

Almost a third of a century has passed since IPCC issued its First Assessment Report in 1990. How, then, have the excitable predictions of the profiteers of doom panned out during the 33-year experiment in ever-increasing emissions of CO2 and other greenhouse gases? Here is a brief audit of that continuing experiment.

First, how much global warming did IPCC predict in 1990? Its predictions were grouped under four emissions scenarios A-D. The anthropogenic forcings from 1990-2020 predicted under emissions scenario B in Fig. 2.4B of IPCC (1990) are very nearly identical to the forcings in Fig. A.15,in which IPCC assumed that annual anthropogenic emissions in each year from 1991-2020 would be equal to emissions in the year 1990:

In reality, however, anthropogenic emissions rose from 1991-2020 in line with IPCC’s CO2 prediction for the business-as-usual emissions Scenario A, which is, therefore, the scenario closest to outturn.

Emissions rose very sharply from 32.5 billion tonnes CO2 equivalent in 1990 to almost 50 btCO2e in 2019, as the global-emissions graph from Our World in Data shows:

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/10/the-global-emissions-experiment-a-33-year-audit/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson