Author Topic: Eco Numpties Unhappy With Charging Costs  (Read 145 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Eco Numpties Unhappy With Charging Costs
« on: January 12, 2023, 01:12:59 pm »
Eco Numpties Unhappy With Charging Costs
JANUARY 11, 2023
tags: Electric Cars
By Paul Homewood

Meanwhile back in Eco-Land, the numpties are unhappy:

The cost of charging an electric car on the road has soared by nearly 60pc in eight months, making the vehicles more costly to run on long journeys than petrol motors.

Rapid charge points used by motorists topping up on long drives are now nearly £10 more expensive than filling up a car with petrol, analysis by motoring body the RAC revealed.

Alongside surging energy prices, a key reason behind the cost is that VAT is charged at 20pc on public networks, compared to 5pc for domestic energy use.

Charging an electric car at home is still much cheaper than buying a tank of fuel at the pumps, but many drivers are unable to install a charger at home because they do not have off-street parking.

It comes as new petrol and diesel cars are due to be banned from Britain’s roads within years as the Government pushes to reach net zero by 2050.

Yet critics say the tax levied on public electric vehicle charge points poses a threat to the Government’s ambitions.

Some believe ministers are reluctant to take the “obvious” step of setting VAT at 5pc across the board because electric vehicles are seen as elitist.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/01/11/eco-numpties-unhappy-with-charging-costs/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson