Author Topic: Biden White House says it does not support gas stove ban  (Read 563 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden White House says it does not support gas stove ban
« on: January 11, 2023, 06:49:03 pm »
January 11, 2023 1:09pm EST
Biden White House says it does not support gas stove ban
US regulator had suggested 'any option is on the table' as government evaluates concerns that gas stoves emit harmful pollutants

By Hillary Vaughn , Chris Pandolfo FOXBusiness

The White House does not support a ban on gas stoves, an official said Wednesday, as concerns surrounding indoor air pollutants from the appliances have made headlines. 

Bloomberg reported earlier that the U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission was considering a ban on gas stoves because the appliances can emit pollutants that cause respiratory and health issues. 

Commissioner Richard Trumka Jr. told Bloomberg that "any option is on the table" as the agency works to create regulations that would make the products safer. "Products that can’t be made safe can be banned," Trumka said.

His remarks set off a firestorm of controversy and drew a response from commission Chairman Alex Hoehn-Saric, who denied that the agency is proceeding to ban gas stoves.

https://twitter.com/HoehnSaricCPSC/status/1613200634194415616

A White House official told FOX Business that a gas stove ban should not be on the table, but would not say what regulations – if any – they would support on gas stoves.

This is a developing story and will be updated.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/politics/biden-white-house-says-it-does-not-support-gas-stove-ban
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Re: Biden White House says it does not support gas stove ban
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 07:04:51 pm »

Online Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 09:39:46 pm »
I smell a big lie.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 11:21:33 pm »
The regulatory agencies that can formulate and then issue regulations that could ban/restrict gas stoves don't need Congressional approval.

They can act and impose such regs and restrictions independently, without ol' white joe's signature.

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 11:21:47 pm »
would not say what regulations – if any – they would support on gas stoves.
That they believe there is a need for regulating gas stoves, beyond basic safety features, is beyond my comprehension.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 11:48:49 pm »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2023, 12:14:32 am »
That they believe there is a need for regulating gas stoves, beyond basic safety features, is beyond my comprehension.
Don't worry the Bidinettes and eco terrorist Gaia worshipers aren't going to put stringent regulations on gas stoves, they'll simply outright ban the use of natural gas in homes as they have already started doing in liberal cities and states.

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2023, 12:28:28 am »
   Currently, I'm grandfathered in on my 50's Dearborn, 40k BTU, but everything in my House that can run on NG is NG.  Though my Gas Bill keeps going up, I still think it's cheaper than Elec AND I am already suffering from Drain Bamange, as many of you can attest to. 
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2023, 12:36:41 am »
   Currently, I'm grandfathered in on my 50's Dearborn, 40k BTU, but everything in my House that can run on NG is NG.  Though my Gas Bill keeps going up, I still think it's cheaper than Elec AND I am already suffering from Drain Bamange, as many of you can attest to.

You ain't the only one @corbe for forty+ years I thought getting Republicans elected would accomplish something positive.  :whistle:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien