Author Topic: Republicans implore House GOP to halt Biden admin impeachments  (Read 976 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans implore House GOP to halt Biden admin impeachments
« on: January 11, 2023, 02:20:21 pm »
Republicans implore House GOP to pump brakes on Biden administration impeachments
by Naomi Lim, White House Reporter |
January 11, 2023 06:40 AM

Regular business may have only just begun in the Republican-controlled House, but the first impeachment articles have already been filed against a member of the Biden administration.

Yet several Republicans are advising the House GOP not to start impeachment proceedings against President Joe Biden and his administration officials over apparent policy differences instead of accusations of wrongdoing.

On the same day Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) amplified her call to impeach Biden and Homeland Security Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas, Rep. Pat Fallon (R-TX) filed articles of impeachment against Mayorkas, claiming he has undermined "operational control" of the southern border and encouraged illegal immigration.

Despite the Democratic Senate majority, Biden administration policy- and personality-driven impeachments are a Republican "overreaction," according to former Georgia GOP Rep. Bob Barr, one of ex-President Bill Clinton's 1998 impeachment managers.

"The process of impeachment has been basically devalued in recent years since the Clinton impeachment, which was for, in my view, very specific violations of criminal law by a sitting president, into a political tool to simply go after a president and now others for policy disagreements," he told the Washington Examiner.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/biden-impeachment-house-republicans
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Hoodat

Re: Republicans implore House GOP to halt Biden admin impeachments
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2023, 02:27:01 pm »
Despite the Democratic Senate majority, Biden administration policy- and personality-driven impeachments are a Republican "overreaction," according to former Georgia GOP Rep. Bob Barr, one of ex-President Bill Clinton's 1998 impeachment managers.

"The process of impeachment has been basically devalued in recent years since the Clinton impeachment, which was for, in my view, very specific violations of criminal law by a sitting president, into a political tool to simply go after a president and now others for policy disagreements," he told the Washington Examiner.

What part of Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution does Bob Barr not understand?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline BellyAche

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2023, 03:42:17 pm »
What part of Article IV, Section 4 of the US Constitution does Bob Barr not understand?

As a reminder....

Article IV, Section 4:
The United States shall guarantee to every State in this Union a Republican Form of Government, and shall protect each of them against Invasion; and on Application of the Legislature, or of the Executive (when the Legislature cannot be convened) against domestic Violence.
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2023, 03:59:38 pm »
Barr has been running interference for the Democrats for a while now.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2023, 06:05:12 pm »
There's not one good logical reason why they shouldn't impeach at least Mayorkas.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2023, 06:43:17 pm »
Prepare for ramming speed!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2023, 07:29:58 pm »
There's not one good logical reason why they shouldn't impeach at least Mayorkas.

We should Impeach only when there is a reasonable chance of winning a conviction in the Senate.  All Dems will oppose any Impeachments when it's a Rat administration, and all Pubs will oppose any when it's our administration.  The Founders knew this, which is why it takes a 2/3 majority vote to convict.

I think we made the fatal mistake when we impeached Clinton, knowing it would fail in the Senate.  Now it's just a meaningless "No Confidence" vote with no ramifications.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2023, 11:28:09 pm »
Cyber observes:
"We should Impeach only when there is a reasonable chance of winning a conviction in the Senate"

I disagree, at least in the instance of a Mayorkas impeachment.

No, there will not be a conviction.

But there WILL be sufficient "exposure" through investigation and testimony.

In his case, this is more important -- and may in itself be "enough".

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2023, 11:38:59 pm »
We should Impeach only when there is a reasonable chance of winning a conviction in the Senate.  All Dems will oppose any Impeachments when it's a Rat administration, and all Pubs will oppose any when it's our administration.  The Founders knew this, which is why it takes a 2/3 majority vote to convict.

I think we made the fatal mistake when we impeached Clinton, knowing it would fail in the Senate.  Now it's just a meaningless "No Confidence" vote with no ramifications.

I strongly disagree! We should impeach whenever it's called for regardless of what the Senate may or may not do.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2023, 01:17:32 am »
All Dems will oppose any Impeachments when it's a Rat administration, and all Pubs will oppose any when it's our administration.  The Founders knew this

Not so.  The Founding Fathers did not envision political parties.  But they did envision Senators representing their respective States.  Both are no longer in effect.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Online Hoodat

« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2023, 01:19:03 am »
I strongly disagree! We should impeach whenever it's called for regardless of what the Senate may or may not do.

Correct.  If a high officer or judge commits an impeachable offense, it is their duty to impeach.  And openly violating the Constitution for two years is an impeachable offense.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

-Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2023, 01:21:44 am »

I will stand with you. If there is not enough evidence, and if there is not meaningful support in the Senate, there is no point in impeachment... It has turned into a partisan tit for tat. That is not what it is for.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2023, 02:04:27 am »
The trouble is, with conviction in the Senate impossible, the only point with an impeachment against Biden or any of his officials would be if it was a political win, that is if the charges in the bill of impeachment were solid enough and serious enough that a majority of voters would support removal of the official on the basis of them.  If that criterion is not met, satisfying as it might be to throw a pointless impeachment as Biden and/or one of his cabinet officers as vengeance for the pointless impeachments thrown at Trump, it is not a good idea.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2023, 02:34:34 am »
I'm all about the discovery. Impeachment if it's advantageous.
The Republic is lost.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2023, 03:20:51 am »
I'm all about the discovery. Impeachment if it's advantageous.

The advantages of discovery can be had by using Congressional subpoena powers in an investigation.  Impeachment only makes sense if there is either a chance of conviction or it is a political win even without conviction (see the criteria in my post up-thread).
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Online corbe

« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2023, 03:38:45 am »

I somewhat agree @Cyber Liberty This Impeachment idea reared its ugly head in the 70's w/Nixon, and they probably would have had him if he'd not been forced to resign by his own party.  We Impeached Clinton and they never forgave us for that.  They were in the process of Impeaching GWB when 911 happened. They got even with Trump, though. 
   BUT that Border Patrol Czar should be the next neck on the chopping block.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Online Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2023, 05:30:39 am »

Could be an opportunity to educate voters about this administration and the border before November 2024.