Author Topic: Where’s the outrage over Biden comparing illegal immigrants to Holocaust victims?  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
January 10, 2023
The main headlines

FEATURED COLUMN
JONATHAN S. TOBINJNS
Where’s the outrage over Biden comparing illegal immigrants to Holocaust victims?

Millions of economic migrants crossing the U.S. southern border want a better life. But most are neither refugees nor analogous to Jews fleeing Nazi slaughter.

(January 10, 2023 / JNS) After two years of pointedly ignoring a problem largely of his own making, President Joe Biden finally made a brief visit to the U.S. southern border in El Paso, Texas. While there, however, he saw little of the human cost of the catastrophe, as he didn’t meet or see any of the illegal immigrants who have streamed across the border since he assumed office.

But in the days before he arrived for what was little more than a photo op, Biden rekindled a controversy that has been simmering for most of the last decade. The president declared asylum in the United States a “human right”—underlined by the plight of Jews fleeing Nazi Germany.

In so doing, he placed those who believe the collapse of security at the border is a national disgrace and a threat to the security and well-being of the nation in the unfair position of being characterized as heartless, at best. At worst, it makes them reminiscent of antisemites who refused entry to those Jews seeking to escape death during the Holocaust.

https://www.jns.org/opinion/wheres-the-outrage-over-biden-comparing-illegal-immigrants-to-holocaust-victims/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Invading America is NOT "a human right".
Not a right for men.
Not a right for women.
And... not a right for children, either.

I have a suspicion that I'm not alone in these sentiments.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

Offline BellyAche

Invading America is NOT "a human right".
Not a right for men.
Not a right for women.
And... not a right for children, either.

I have a suspicion that I'm not alone in these sentiments.

Sorry if you don't like this post.

There is a human right to live with dignity within the borders of your own country. Each country has a framework for this however weak it may be. There is a universal framework for human rights which is frequently ignored by extreme state actors. The U.S. has the right to reject illegal migrants who abuse our crippled system. If the U.S. government follows the legal framework to reject illegals, the question of "human rights" is a moot point. Then yes, there is no human right to flout the laws in existence. 
Do what you can, with what you have, where you are. - Theodore Roosevelt