Author Topic: SoCal Gas Warns Consumers: Massive Gas Bill Increases Coming  (Read 642 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
SoCal Gas Warns Consumers: Massive Gas Bill Increases Coming
« on: January 09, 2023, 03:32:38 pm »
SoCal Gas Warns Consumers: Massive Gas Bill Increases Coming

Joel B. Pollak 9 Jan 2023

SoCal Gas, which supplies natural gas throughout Southern California, warned consumers this weekend that their next bills will be unusually large, blaming what it calls unusually cold winter weather across the nation.

In an email to consumers, the company wrote:

There’s no easy way to put this: January bills are likely to be higher than usual. An unprecedented cold snap across the nation in part has caused natural gas market prices in the West to more than double between December and January – much higher than expected. As a result, SoCalGas residential customers can expect the typical January bill likely to be more than double the typical bill last January, assuming the same amount of natural gas is used.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/01/09/socal-gas-warns-consumers-massive-gas-bill-increases-coming/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: SoCal Gas Warns Consumers: Massive Gas Bill Increases Coming
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2023, 03:39:28 pm »
I don't know about elsewhere, but this winter, while we've had a lot of snow early, hasn't been "unusually" cold. That is reserved for winters where it hits 40 below zero, or stays in the 20s and 30s below zero for extended periods of time (months).

California is a beautiful State, from what I have heard, rich with resources, including petroleum and natural gas. Unfortunately,some of the people there have made a mess of things, and won't permit the exploration for and production of intrinsic resources to benefit its citizens.

As long as people there vote for such nonsense, there will be misery accompanying it.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2023, 03:40:17 pm »
SoCal Gas, which supplies natural gas throughout Southern California, warned consumers this weekend that their next bills will be unusually large, blaming what it calls unusually cold winter weather across the nation.

They should be honest here and place the blame where it belongs - stupid voters.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
SoCalGas Shock: California Gas Prices Skyrocket 128% in One Year
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2023, 02:33:56 pm »
SoCalGas Shock: California Gas Prices Skyrocket 128% in One Year
8 hours ago Eric Worrall 24 Comments
Essay by Eric Worrall

As energy prices in coal states remain steady, California is continuing its green energy revolution plan to bankrupt residents with out of control price rises.

SoCalGas January Bills are Likely to Be Shockingly High. Here’s What to Know

Check your January SoCalGas bill: the company made the announcement right before the New Year, and customers should be seeing the surge right about now.

By Heather Navarro • Published January 6, 2023 • Updated on January 6, 2023 at 11:49 pm

Bad news, natural gas users — so basically everyone: SoCalGas announced gas bills would be more than double, going up 128% from December to January.

Why is my SoCalGas bill so high?

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/09/socalgas-shock-california-gas-prices-skyrocket-128-in-one-year/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD7

• don't always see the Light but I feel the heat
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2023, 03:03:29 pm »
Merged.