Author Topic: NJ art teacher overdoses on fentanyl in front of middle school students  (Read 661 times)

Offline Kamaji

NJ art teacher overdoses on fentanyl in front of middle school students

By Patrick Reilly
January 8, 2023

An art teacher at a suburban New Jersey middle school has been arrested after he overdosed in front of students, police said.

Frank Thompson, a 57-year-old teacher at Roosevelt Intermediate School in Westfield, was found unconscious and unresponsive in a second-floor classroom just after 9 a.m. on Nov. 29, 2022, according to the Westfield Police Department.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/01/08/nj-art-teacher-frank-thompson-overdoses-on-fentanyl-in-front-of-middle-school-students/

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NJ art teacher overdoses on fentanyl in front of middle school students
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 04:05:23 pm »
This is your teacher...

This is your teacher on drugs....

Any questions?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 09:50:11 pm »
This is your teacher...

Any questions?
Um, what if you can't tell the difference?

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 10:31:30 pm »
This is your teacher...

Any questions?

@Smokin Joe

Truth to tell,I am glad he took a dive in from of his students. Teens tend to think "BS" to any warning or advise they are given,but when you see one of your teachers OD and take a "dive for the linoleum" right in front of your eyes,well the anti-drug message just doesn't get any more "real" than that.

Kids tend to think that THEY are exceptions to any rule because they are "smart and know what is going on",but this was a real-life lesson that no one is immune from sudden death if they OD on drugs. There is no amount of Sunday preaching,"don't do drugs" tv adds,or anything else that has the impact of seeing it happen in front of your eyes to someone in a position of authority you have been taught to respect because of their job.

AFAIAC,it's a damn shame he didn't take his nose dive on a recording so it could be played in other schools for the students to see and learn from.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 11:27:57 pm »
Truth to tell,I am glad he took a dive in from of his students. Teens tend to think "BS" to any warning or advise they are given,but when you see one of your teachers OD and take a "dive for the linoleum" right in front of your eyes,well the anti-drug message just doesn't get any more "real" than that.
I have to agree. Don't be like Mr. Thompson, kids.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2023, 09:50:23 am »
@Smokin Joe

Kids tend to think that THEY are exceptions to any rule because they are "smart and know what is going on",but this was a real-life lesson that no one is immune from sudden death if they OD on drugs. There is no amount of Sunday preaching,"don't do drugs" tv adds,or anything else that has the impact of seeing it happen in front of your eyes to someone in a position of authority you have been taught to respect because of their job.

AFAIAC,it's a damn shame he didn't take his nose dive on a recording so it could be played in other schools for the students to see and learn from.
Works better'n fried eggs, IMHO.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2023, 12:51:20 pm »
NJ middle school teacher overdoses on fentanyl in front of students in classroom
January 9, 2023 | Tom Tillison |  Print Article

With all signs indicating that President Joe Biden will run for reelection, he has apparently come to the conclusion that he must pay a first-ever visit to the wide-open southern border and feign some concern. And while the immediate impact of 5 million-plus illegal immigrants may not be felt right away by most Americans, the record levels of fentanyl flowing across the border is a whole other matter.

Fentanyl use is up all across America, as are overdoses of the highly dangerous drug — even in the classroom, as seen in November when an art teacher overdosed on fentanyl.

Frank Thompson, who teaches at Roosevelt Intermediate School in Westfield, overdosed in front of students while in the classroom. Students found the suburban New Jersey middle school teacher unconscious, according to the Westfield Police Department. When officers arrived, an unresponsive Thompson was being treated by a school nurse. One of the officers recognized the signs of an opioid overdose and administered Narcan, a potentially lifesaving nasal spray medication that can revive someone who has overdosed on opioids.

https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/09/nj-middle-school-teacher-overdoses-on-fentanyl-in-front-of-students-in-classroom-1323284/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2023, 12:52:43 pm »
I was once a proud teacher.  No more, though. **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Mod2

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2023, 02:02:05 pm »
Threads merged