Author Topic: Chip Roy warns McCarthy that GOP will ‘enforce’ deal to secure speakership  (Read 431 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 By Ramsey Touchberry - The Washington Times - Updated: 10:16 a.m. on Sunday, January 8, 2023

A House Republican who was one of the nearly two dozen holdouts who demanded concessions in order to vote for Rep. Kevin McCarthy as speaker warned Sunday that he and others plan to hold the California Republican to his word.

“I’m not going to play the ‘what if’ games on how we’re going to use the tools of the House to make sure that we enforce the terms of the agreement,” Rep. Chip Roy of Texas said on CNN’s “State of the Union.” “But we will use the tools of the House to enforce the terms of the agreement.”

Mr. McCarthy was forced to make major concessions, including weakening his own position by allowing any one of his members to call for a vote on his ouster in order to win over Mr. Roy and others in the conservative House Freedom Caucus and clench the speaker’s gavel after 15th speakership ballots held over five days.

more
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/jan/8/chip-roy-warns-mccarthy-gop-will-enforce-deal-secu/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I seriously hope this doesn't end up being a penis-measuring contest,where nothing gets done because everybody is too busy staking out their "turf" to venture into something that they think doesn't concern them personally.

That is the kind of thing that leads to backstabbing each other and nothing getting done,which is turn is the same thing as a Dim victory.

Maybe even more serious,since damn near everybody that I talk with in real life is fed up with Republican promises and no delivery. I know this is going to make heads explode all over the BR,but a lot of these people were/are Trump supporters who were already thinking about jumping to a third party until Trump ran. These are the people that made the difference that got him elected.

This ain't a game,folks. We either destroy the death grip the DNC has on this country,or America as an independent and free nation will be OVER after the next election.

Given the HUGE numbers of illegals being imported into the US by the Dims who will be allowed to vote,it may even be too late by the time the next election rolls around.

AND.......,we have all you "Anybody but Trump" losers to thank for the Dims still being in control.

Are you proud of yourselves and slap each other on the back as you say "Well,at least Joe Biden isn't a rude Billionaire!"?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

DNC, RNC... Same damn difference.

I hope they (the FC) obstruct and offend till the cows come home, and then do it sommore.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I seriously hope this doesn't end up being a penis-measuring contest,where nothing gets done because everybody is too busy staking out their "turf" to venture into something that they think doesn't concern them personally.

That is the kind of thing that leads to backstabbing each other and nothing getting done,which is turn is the same thing as a Dim victory.

Maybe even more serious,since damn near everybody that I talk with in real life is fed up with Republican promises and no delivery. I know this is going to make heads explode all over the BR,but a lot of these people were/are Trump supporters who were already thinking about jumping to a third party until Trump ran. These are the people that made the difference that got him elected.

This ain't a game,folks. We either destroy the death grip the DNC has on this country,or America as an independent and free nation will be OVER after the next election.

Given the HUGE numbers of illegals being imported into the US by the Dims who will be allowed to vote,it may even be too late by the time the next election rolls around.

AND.......,we have all you "Anybody but Trump" losers to thank for the Dims still being in control.

Are you proud of yourselves and slap each other on the back as you say "Well,at least Joe Biden isn't a rude Billionaire!"?

Nothing getting done would be a HUGE improvement over what's been going on IMHO.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Nothing getting done would be a HUGE improvement over what's been going on IMHO.

Well, there is 0% chance of nothing getting done.  Appropriations are going to be passed, and the debt ceiling is going to be raised when necessary.  That's just reality because you perhaps a dozen or two at most who support shutting down the government permanently.

So the only question is whether the Freedom Caucus will be part of a GOP-led coalition that passes those bills, or whether it refuses to compromise on some issues and a deal is passed by a Hakeem Jeffries-led coalition.  Those are the only two choices.  Wishing it was different won't make it so.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 08:06:01 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@Bigun

True,but it ain't going to fix anything,just delay the collapse.

We need to be proactive and elect candidates that will begin to destroy the Dim death grip on policy and in some cases even pass laws making such things illegal in the future.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!