Author Topic: Green extremists are reinventing feudalism by banning travel  (Read 487 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green extremists are reinventing feudalism by banning travel
« on: January 08, 2023, 03:17:30 pm »
Green extremists are reinventing feudalism by banning travel
JANUARY 6, 2023
By Paul Homewood

The speed limit on motorways should be reduced to 64mph. Restrictions could be imposed on going from one part of your city to another. Short-haul flights might be banned, and rings of cameras built around every major town to levy charges on anyone moving in and out. Almost every day brings calls for some kind of curb on travel. And yet, underneath them all is one simple force: a movement by green extremists to take us back to the dark ages. It is effectively a plot to reinvent feudalism, a time when people rarely left their own villages and were taxed if they dared do so.

That’s why, for all the temptation to ridicule the Great Unwashed, we have to take their politics seriously. It wasn’t some Extinction Rebellion activists but a Commons committee that suggested reducing the speed limit to 64mph (and what is to stop them from taking it to 60mph or 58.32mph?) In London, it is the mayor, Sadiq Khan, who is championing the expansion of the Ulez charge, which will kill road traffic into the capital. Other cities with congestion or pollution charges, like Birmingham, will likely follow suit. Leaders in Oxford and Canterbury, meanwhile, have proposed what many fear will turn out effectively to be restrictions on driving from one zone of their cities to another, unless you have a permit or are willing to pay a hefty fine.

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wordpress.com/2023/01/06/green-extremists-are-reinventing-feudalism-by-banning-travel/
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:18:31 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Green extremists are reinventing feudalism by banning travel
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2023, 03:22:13 pm »
So, the Amish are WAY ahead of the times using horse and buggies, bicycles, and walking to fight global warming.  I'm surprised some green freak hasn't suggested the world do the same. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2023, 03:32:08 pm »
So, the Amish are WAY ahead of the times using horse and buggies, bicycles, and walking to fight global warming.  I'm surprised some green freak hasn't suggested the world do the same. :whistle:

Because that would require giving credit to the Amish’ Christian religious beliefs, and that is anathema to the left. 

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2023, 03:43:00 pm »
Because that would require giving credit to the Amish’ Christian religious beliefs, and that is anathema to the left.

But they aren't mainstream Christians so they might be acceptable1 :whistle:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2023, 04:05:13 pm »
Green extremists. Useful tools,useful fools.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2023, 04:08:00 pm »

@Kamaji

Yup! They "ain't no superstitious fools tied to the past,we are the visionaries of the future!"

Hard to believe anyone can stack stupidity THAT high,but somehow the left manages to do it.

The ironic part is they will be some of the first fed into the shredders to become fertilizer for the corporate farms.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2023, 04:09:02 pm »
But they aren't mainstream Christians so they might be acceptable1 :whistle:

@rangerrebew

SOME ugly truths need to be shouted from the rooftops while that is still allowed.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2023, 09:01:19 pm »
Good to know Antifa is on the side of government dictators trying to prevent people from leaving their immediate neighborhoods.  *****rollingeyes*****

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1627047239775408129
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org