Author Topic: Strange how the media didn't notice a 'dysfunctional Congress' until just now  (Read 236 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
January 8, 2023
Strange how the media didn't notice a 'dysfunctional Congress' until just now
By Jack Hellner

As speaker, Nancy Pelosi ran the House of Representatives like a fiefdom, and the media cheered.  They marveled at her power.

They didn't operate under regular budget rules with individual appropriation bills.  Instead, they had omnibus spending bills stuffed with garbage that have contributed to massive deficits and $32 trillion in debt as they pretended new spending was paid for. 

The bills were prepared outside the view of most members of Congress, and few read the bills before they were voted on.  On Obamacare, Pelosi told her subjects they must vote on the bill before they had a chance to read it.  How would the media like it if their employers required them to sign agreements before they were allowed to read them?  Would it be OK for banks to require borrowers to sign the loan agreements before they read them? 

And that is supposedly what the people should want.  Threatening to close the government every few months and cramming down multi-thousand-page spending bills is dysfunctional. 

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2023/01/strange_how_the_media_didnt_notice_a_dysfunctional_congress_until_just_now.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
I about puked when McCarthy promised to work with Jeffries.  Ugggh!

Congress hasn't functioned most of my 69 years on this planet.  Just a self serving group of dirtbags.  The fact any of them is getting incensed over Santos lying about himself when we have the clowns that are there already is just plain laughable.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I about puked when McCarthy promised to work with Jeffries.  Ugggh!

New speakers always say that.  Pelosi did too, and we knew she was lying through her teeth.  My only fear is McCarthy may not be lying.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: