Author Topic: Joe Biden to Finally Visit U.S.-Mexico Border Two Years After Taking Office  (Read 1094 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden to Finally Visit U.S.-Mexico Border Two Years After Taking Office

Simon Kent 8 Jan 2023

President Joe Biden is finally heading to the porous U.S.-Mexico border for a flying visit on Sunday, a full two years after taking office.

Biden is due to spend a few hours in El Paso, Texas, currently the biggest corridor for illegal crossings.

The president’s brief visit is scheduled around an international meeting in Mexico City when Biden will meet with Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Mexican President Andrés Manuel López Obrador.

Biden has previously distanced himself from his border flood by avoiding questions and delegating responsibility to Vice President Kamala Harris and Alejandro Mayorkas, his pro-migration, Cuban-born, Homeland Security chief.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/08/joe-biden-to-finally-visit-u-s-mexico-border-two-years-after-taking-office/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Border agents, police making arrests to sweep streets of illegal immigrants ahead of Biden visit
January 8, 2023 | Kevin Haggerty

The suggestion that President Joe Biden was finally facing the realities of the border crisis was squashed by reports of the dramatic preparations police and Customs and Border Protection (CBP) agents took ahead of his scheduled visit Sunday: “They’re trying to make it look like nothing’s wrong!”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/01/08/border-agents-police-making-arrests-to-sweep-streets-of-illegal-immigrants-ahead-of-biden-visit-1323108/
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Crisis, what crisis? El Paso clears migrant camps ahead of Biden's first trip to border on Sunday as frustrated agents say numbers always fall in January and he might as well have gone to Des Moines

President Joe Biden is due to visit the Texas border city of El Paso on Sunday
     He has been under intense pressure to see the crisis for himself
    But border patrol agents say he won't see the problems they have to deal with
    The city cleared migrant camps last week and illegal crossings have dropped
    Border agents' union says Biden will learn little from his three-hour visit

By Rob Crilly, Senior U.S. Political Reporter For Dailymail.Com In El Paso, Texas

Published: 19:32 EST, 7 January 2023 | Updated: 21:17 EST, 7 January 2023

When President Joe Biden makes his first visit to the border with Mexico on Sunday, he will hear from aid workers helping manage the immigration crisis and from local officials desperate for more support.

What he won't see are the miserable makeshift camps dotted around El Paso that triggered headlines last month about migrants taking over the streets.

On Tuesday and Wednesday law enforcement teams moved through the downtown area, picking up migrants who had entered the country illegally.

more
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11609673/El-Paso-clears-migrant-camps-ahead-Bidens-visit-border-crossings-drop-trickle.html
« Last Edit: January 08, 2023, 03:21:11 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

Joe Biden begins his highly choreographed drive-by of El Paso by touring a tightly-controlled CBP office parking lot.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1612181960608354304
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

RNC Research
@RNCResearch
Texas Gov. @GregAbbott_TX: "Joe Biden has not called me. He did not call me nor his staff call and let us know about his visit or to invite us until last night. We got a random email to one of my staff members asking if I would be there to meet him on the tarmac."

No word on whether Joe, upon shaking the hand of a man in a wheelchair, said, "Stand up, Greg!"

Online mountaineer

Greg Abbott
@GregAbbott_TX
Jan 7
El Paso rushes to remove illegal immigrants and migrant camps that are crowding downtown before Biden arrives.
Predictable.
Biden does not want America to see the chaos that he has caused on the border.
This is just a photo op and a game of pretend.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mayorkas Says Abbott ‘Not Cooperating’ With Biden Admin On Border Crisis

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
January 08, 2023 1:33 PM ET
Font Size:

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is “not collaborating” with the Biden administration to handle the border crisis.

President Joe Biden is set to visit El Paso Sunday, marking his first trip to the border. Dozens of migrants are currently sleeping on the streets of El Paso as the area remains overwhelmed by migrants. In fiscal year 2022, U.S. Customs and Border Protection encountered more than 2.3 million migrants at the border.

Mayorkas accused Abbott of failing to work with the federal government to solve the crisis.

“Governor Abbott is not collaborating with the federal government on an issue that requires collaboration,” Mayorkas said. “We cannot have the rights and the needs of individuals who are seeking humanitarian relief in the United States be exploited for political purposes. We cannot have unilateral governor action that is not coordinated with the federal government to address an issue that is of national importance.”

Mayorkas also called the border crisis a “migration challenge.”

“[This is] the greatest displacement of people since World War II in the western hemisphere,” Mayorkas said.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/08/mayorkas-says-abbott-not-cooperating-with-biden-admin-border-crisis/
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

Brianna Lyman
News and Commentary Writer
January 08, 2023 1:33 PM ET
Font Size:

Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Sec. Alejandro Mayorkas said Sunday on ABC’s “This Week” that Texas Gov. Greg Abbott is “not collaborating” with the Biden administration to handle the border crisis.

President Joe Biden is set to visit El Paso Sunday, marking his first trip to the border. Dozens of migrants are currently sleeping on the streets of El Paso as the area remains overwhelmed by migrants. In fiscal year 2022, U.S. Customs and Border Protection encountered more than 2.3 million migrants at the border.

Mayorkas accused Abbott of failing to work with the federal government to solve the crisis.

“Governor Abbott is not collaborating with the federal government on an issue that requires collaboration,” Mayorkas said. “We cannot have the rights and the needs of individuals who are seeking humanitarian relief in the United States be exploited for political purposes. We cannot have unilateral governor action that is not coordinated with the federal government to address an issue that is of national importance.”

Mayorkas also called the border crisis a “migration challenge.”

“[This is] the greatest displacement of people since World War II in the western hemisphere,” Mayorkas said.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/01/08/mayorkas-says-abbott-not-cooperating-with-biden-admin-border-crisis/
Why in God's name would Abbott tell Majordorkas or anyone else in the Brandon circus anything about what he is doing to protect Texas when all they would do is try to sabotage or stop him?

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Eat Sh__ , and STFU Mayorkas....

The next words I want to hear from you are  "I do" as a witness on a Jordon Judiciary Commttee malfeasance charge under oath.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
It doesn't matter.

He doesn't know what "Mexico" is,and would probably want to know if it's tasty or would give him gas.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
What I would give to have some illegals run past Biden and have his 200 agents pounce on them (with video to prove it). Instead we will have a city that puts it's best fake foot forward for a photo op. What do you want to bet that Biden never gets close to the border without protective glass between him and Mexico.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2023, 10:00:30 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online mountaineer

Local Texas reporter calls Biden's border drive-by "a dog and pony show."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1612185428278530048

Offline Kamaji

Local Texas reporter calls Biden's border drive-by "a dog and pony show."

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1612185428278530048

Dog-and-pony show with a one-trick pony and a gimped dog.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
A "Dog and Pony" show at least in my work life meant a well crafted, slick, early-slide projector, later- power point presentation.  That presentation was prepared with the intent to influence managment.

Maybe the lexicon on this has changed with time
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden Finally Does a Hit-and Run Border 'Dog and Pony Show'
Nick Arama

We’ve been wondering if Joe Biden’s visit to the border was going to be a real visit to the border, and not just a hit-and-run photo-op to El Paso like Kamala Harris did last year. Looks like the word is in. Mostly a photo op, although he is doing a little bit more than Harris did.

According to Fox, he was just going to spend a few hours in El Paso and meet with border officials to talk about illegal immigration and the trafficking of fentanyl. He’s scheduled to visit the El Paso County Migrant Services Center as well as meet with nonprofits and religious groups that help deal with the massive influx of illegal aliens. But he is scheduled to go to the Bridge of the Americas that joins El Paso with Ciudad Juarez, Mexico, one of the busiest ports of entry into the country. Biden is going to the official “border,” although he’s not going to the areas where illegal aliens are pouring across the border so he’s not going to see the real problem.

First, Biden met with Texas Gov. Greg Abbott who welcomed him but also handed him a letter that took him to task for how much he’d failed everyone for the past two years on the subject and how much needed to be addressed.

more
https://redstate.com/nick-arama/2023/01/08/biden-finally-does-a-hit-and-run-border-dog-and-pony-show-n685577
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Support the USO

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
It doesn't matter.

He doesn't know what "Mexico" is,and would probably want to know if it's tasty or would give him gas.
Maybe dr. Jill could explain it to him using one of her special analogies, "Joe it's simple just think of Mexico as a giant taco."

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Migrants told to clear streets or be deported because ‘the President is coming’
Published 40 seconds ago on January 9, 2023
By Sara Carter StaffScreen Shot 2023 01 09 at 4.26.56 PM

President Joe Biden only spent three hours in Texas on Sunday during his quote “border visit” unquote. El Paso local County Court Judge Ricardo Samaniego told the El Paso Times that Biden’s visit was during a slight drop in numbers compared to “what we have been going through the past two or three weeks.”

Additionally, “we’re really concerned that we need to sit down and have discussions, more so than photo-ops” Samaniego stated. Speaking of photo-ops, Biden’s seem to be misleading due to some migrant house-cleaning.

“Authorities in El Paso have been tearing down migrant encampments under cover of darkness and dispatching hundreds of migrants across the border to Mexico ahead oof President Biden’s schedule Sunday visit to the overwhelmed border town” the New York Post reports.

23-year-old Maria Rodriguez from Venezuela has been living in a dumpster in El Paso for the past five days. She told The Post “people are saying that if you are out ini the streets the Border Patrol will get you and deport you because the President is coming to El Paso and they don’t want to show him the reality of things.”

https://saraacarter.com/migrants-told-to-clear-streets-or-be-deported-because-the-president-is-coming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
Too bad these illegal slugs have $1000 phones for communication

We could tell all of them that, and watch them scatter back.

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: Retired border agent's wife tears into El Paso for making guards clean up trash before Biden's visit - and says law enforcement morale is still rock bottom and President wouldn't realize full scale of crisis even if he saw migrants in streets

The wife of a retired border agent who now heads a group dedicated to solving the crisis is not happy with President Joe Biden's trip to the border
Irene Armendariz-Jackson slammed El Paso for directing border guards to clean up trash on the street before Biden's visit on Sunday
President saw a 'sanitized' version of the border crisis, she told DailyMail.com
Armendariz-Jackson and her husband are in touch with several agents
They are 'counting the days to their retirement' after receiving no reassurance from Biden's few-hour trip to the border on his way to Mexico
By KATELYN CARALLE, U.S. POLITICAL REPORTER FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 10:20 EST, 10 January 2023 | UPDATED: 10:20 EST, 10 January 2023

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11619071/Ex-border-agent-wife-slams-El-Paso-making-guards-remove-trash-Biden-visit.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson